PAAK Update pushed via OTA apparently???

ammadshami

First Name
Ammad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Extended Range
Country flag
So like many MME owners here, I too suffered from the dreaded PAAK issues. Not to get too long in explaining but basically same issues: doors wont open until i fidget with the app, "no key detected", etc etc.

I really tried to give PAAK a try, but ultimately i just didn't trust it enough to depend on it as a daily solution for driving this car and because i live in an area with really spotty cell phone service (with Verizon at least). Since i received my car (June 18th, 2021 I purchased a demo model with 1.9K miles on it), my FordPass app kept telling me there is a recall for the PAAK software update. I ignored this for the longest time until finally yesterday i took the vehicle into my closest Ford dealer (07/13/21). I was told that they would hook up the ford software and apply the update.

Well i just got a call a few minutes ago from the dealership stating that my car is not asking for the PAAK update and that an update applied from Ford via OTA on July 9th, 2021 resolved this issue... they are going to give me a printout of the exact updates and history of OTA my vehicle has received since its inception (02/15/2021). What gives? Did Ford quietly roll out PAAK updates via OTA? And if they did it certainly didn't do jack because PAAK still sucks ass. Has anyone else faced the same issue as me? I am at a loss since this feature doesn't work 90% of the time without making it inconvenient to use. I now want to get a 2nd key fob and those seem to be impossible to find as well!!!!!
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
There is a chance that your dealer just saw that your car got the same OTA that everyone else got, and is assuming that it is the PAAK update. Ford seemed to think it would be the Fall before they could OTA it and that's why they are allowing dealers to do the update until then if customers request it.

OP
OP
ammadshami

ammadshami

First Name
Ammad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There is a chance that your dealer just saw that your car got the same OTA that everyone else got, and is assuming that it is the PAAK update. Ford seemed to think it would be the Fall before they could OTA it and that's why they are allowing dealers to do the update until then if customers request it.
Yeah i read that as well on the forums here. And i made sure to double/triple check and ask if they indeed see that the PAAK update has already been applied. Per the dealer, my car is not accepting the update they are trying to apply, and the only reason it isnt (per them) is because it already has been updated.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Maybe you got lucky and they used your car to test that OTA. haha.

Its also possible they did the update and didn't realize it and now its saying its not needed.

OP
OP
ammadshami

ammadshami

First Name
Ammad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe you got lucky and they used your car to test that OTA. haha.

Its also possible they did the update and didn't realize it and now its saying its not needed.
Haha that would be pretty sweet. I'm gonna do a reset of the app in my phone (delete and all) and try to pair my phone again. Hopefully it works! Will keep you guys posted!

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag

Which OTA update is that? I've had my MME since April and have yet to receive an OTA update on the car itself. Unless it does it without my knowledge. How would I tell?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Which OTA update is that? I've had my MME since April and have yet to receive an OTA update on the car itself. Unless it does it without my knowledge. How would I tell?
You'd see a notice in FordPass for several days after an update. There is supposed to be a notification in the car for a completed update as well. Just a small icon at the top of the big screen. But out of the 4 OTA's i've received, only 2 of them alerted me in the car.

There is no way that I'm aware of to see the current software version of the car, or seeing an update history unless you find someone that can look on ford s back-end. A few of the threads mention the Sync version, or the navigation version, but out of all my OTA's none of those have changed.
Sponsored