PaaK: what if you have passengers?

MBCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD ER, Infinite Metallic Blue
Country flag
So I was thinking of switching to PaaK but had a question about you handle a specific case.

Let’s say I’m out driving around with passengers. I pull up to a store to run an errand and go in with my phone. What happens to my passengers?

Can the car keep running? Will it turn off and the alarm sound when they move? Do I realistically just have to leave my phone with them?

Thanks for any info. I’ve never had a PaaK capable car before so I’ve never experienced this or had to think about it.
Sponsored

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
You need to get a roll of duct tape and put it over your motion sensors, because it is impossible -impossible - to deactivate those no matter what the prompts say. If your passengers remain in the car and the car locks and the alarm activated, they will set off the alarm.

If this seems ridiculous, it is. Tell @Ford Motor Company about it.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
So I was thinking of switching to PaaK but had a question about you handle a specific case.

Let’s say I’m out driving around with passengers. I pull up to a store to run an errand and go in with my phone. What happens to my passengers?

Can the car keep running? Will it turn off and the alarm sound when they move? Do I realistically just have to leave my phone with them?

Thanks for any info. I’ve never had a PaaK capable car before so I’ve never experienced this or had to think about it.
Normally I either keep the car running or wait for the walk away lock and then open fordpass and unlock the car. Both of those will prevent the alarm from triggering.

OP
OP
MBCook

MBCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD ER, Infinite Metallic Blue
Country flag
So if the car is running and I leave with my phone it will keep running (assuming no one tries to take it out of park) without issue?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
So if the car is running and I leave with my phone it will keep running (assuming no one tries to take it out of park) without issue?
Yes it will keep running. It will double honk at you to let you know it's still on, with no key present inside, and the vehicle will not be able to be put into gear until you return with the PaaK enabled device.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Yes, leave the car running, but make sure you tell them that it’s going to double-honk once you close the driver’s door. It’s jarring.
Sponsored