intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
I was thinking paddle shifters would be great to cycle through the drive modes without having to go into the settings UI.

Has anyone done this?
Sponsored

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
I recall a different brand ev that had paddles to step through regen strength. But I don't think that's something which could be modded onto ours.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I was thinking paddle shifters would be great to cycle through the drive modes without having to go into the settings UI.

Has anyone done this?
I don't see the need to have a paddle for something that only gets changed occasionally. Drive modes aren't something you need to change with a moment's notice, you always have full power available with the pedal in all drive modes.

I like regen paddles like some other EVs have though.

JRSNoVa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT Performance Grabber Blue
Country flag
Kia EV6 has them, but they do more than just change modes -- they toggle through four levels of regeneration.

I found them very useful for driving mountain foothill terrain.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I like regen paddles like some other EVs have though.
I had them, and dislike them. I see no advantage in being forced to use two different body parts - foot and finger - to control regenerative braking strength. Better to have a max regen setting, and control regeneration with the one pedal alone, and no paddle. I suppose if one enjoys constantly fiddling with things in an overly complicated manner, the paddle might appeal.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I recall a different brand ev that had paddles to step through regen strength. But I don't think that's something which could be modded onto ours.
You're right. Hyundai Ioniq 5 has paddle shifters to cycle through degrees of braking through regen braking and i-pedal driving. Also on the steering wheel is a button to cycle through driving mode. (I bought an HI5 while waiting for my MME order to be filled. I used my trade-in "markup" to offset the dealer markup on the Hi5. I had the Hi5 for 9 months before I got the MME. Ford dealer says they're honoring the price protection promise. The only thing I really like about the MME over the Hi5 is the puddle light.;)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paddle “shifters” possible? - to cycle through drive modes 1672169876427

I traded in a 17-yr-old manuel shift 6-speed ICE sports car which I loved driving. While they're mere tokens compared to driver involvement of tachometer, clutch pedal, and gear shift lever, the additional driver controls over regen brakes and drive mode are appreciated by me.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I think paddle shifters on an EV are more of a “gameification” thing than anything else. If people want paddle shifters to fidget with for whatever reason - changing regen levels, changing propulsion sounds, changing radio stations, that’s fine. Just don’t make them a mandatory part of the UI please (in other words don’t make functions that can only be performed via paddle shifters).
Sponsored