Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Both the places I was working with were fine with doing the job without templates. Mine goes in Monday.

I'm getting full front, side rocker panels, all four wheel lips, and full rear bumper in SunTek PPF then CeramicPro Gold. Total will be about $5000-$5350 depending on the amount of paint correction that's needed.

I considered Xpel but the Xpel shop wanted $8000 for the same job. The difference was the cost of the film. Xpel was twice as much as SunTek. Xpel and SunTek have the same 10 year warranty.

Lifetime warranty on the CeramicPro.
Holy crap that's way more than I could do.

I think I am just going to live with risk and spray on ceramic. ?
Sponsored

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Both the places I was working with were fine with doing the job without templates. Mine goes in Monday.

I'm getting full front, side rocker panels, all four wheel lips, and full rear bumper in SunTek PPF then CeramicPro Gold. Total will be about $5000-$5350 depending on the amount of paint correction that's needed.

I considered Xpel but the Xpel shop wanted $8000 for the same job. The difference was the cost of the film. Xpel was twice as much as SunTek. Xpel and SunTek have the same 10 year warranty.

I'm leaning SunTek as well. A nearby detail shop quoted $2300 or so for hood, front bumper, fenders and mirrors. They didn't recommend rear bumpers as being in a city, it's not helpful, but I may reconsider.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm leaning SunTek as well. A nearby detail shop quoted $2300 or so for hood, front bumper, fenders and mirrors. They didn't recommend rear bumpers as being in a city, it's not helpful, but I may reconsider.
Two reasons I'm doing the back bumper:
1) to protect the top of the bumper panel (only visible when liftgate is open) from claw scratches as the dog jumps in and out of the back
2) to protect the sides of the bumper panel from rocks thrown up by the back tires (see pictures of our Leaf in https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...lm-ppf-such-as-xpel-for-mach-e.669/post-55671)

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag

Would you be so kind as to provide the split? I.e how much for suntek ppf and ceramic separately?

thanks in advance!

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
With such expensive Costs what happens in case of accident and say hood or a panel with PPF is replaced or repaired.... will insurance cover the PPF replacement? Even a small repair full PPF replacement on that panel. I will call my insurance but was wondering how people here are factoring this in when deciding to get PPF.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
With such expensive Costs what happens in case of accident and say hood or a panel with PPF is replaced or repaired.... will insurance cover the PPF replacement? Even a small repair full PPF replacement on that panel. I will call my insurance but was wondering how people here are factoring this in when deciding to get PPF.
I would think insurance should cover PPF/ceramic replacement. However, I'm no expert in this.
@MerryBrown, @eastern refugee: What is your experience?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Would you be so kind as to provide the split? I.e how much for suntek ppf and ceramic separately?

thanks in advance!
PDF attached. Note: I may get up to a $350 discount on the Ceramic Pro if little to no paint correction is required. They told me they write their quotes as though full paint correction is needed, like for a Tesla, and then discount if it's not needed.

Attachments

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I may get up to a $350 discount on the Ceramic Pro if little to no paint correction is required. They told me they write their quotes as though full paint correction is needed, like for a Tesla, and then discount if it's not needed.
I'm not sure I understand. What kind of paint correction would be needed for a new car?

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
There are often marks in the clearcoat that need to be polished out due to transport/assembly/dealer washes.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm not sure I understand. What kind of paint correction would be needed for a new car?
For a Ford, usually very little. For a Tesla, a lot. That's the reason I expect a discount.

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
My insurance paid for PPF repair after accident.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I would think insurance should cover PPF/ceramic replacement. However, I'm no expert in this.
@MerryBrown, @eastern refugee: What is your experience?
You need to let your agent know you have made improvements to the car. They may charge you more to cover those improvements.
However not all insurance companies will cover things installed after you bought the car (like sound systems and speakers). I have had customers who had to fight with other companies.
Some cheap insurance companies will cut corners at claim time.
Your best plan is to ask your insurance company what their policy is. Companies will give you a different answers, and if you are not confident get it in writing, or ask the agent where in the policy it says that it is covered.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
You need to let your agent know you have made improvements to the car. They may charge you more to cover those improvements.
However not all insurance companies will cover things installed after you bought the car (like sound systems and speakers). I have had customers who had to fight with other companies.
Some cheap insurance companies will cut corners at claim time.
Your best plan is to ask your insurance company what their policy is. Companies will give you a different answers, and if you are not confident get it in writing, or ask the agent where in the policy it says that it is covered.
I have one of the bigger name insurance companies but yeah planning to find out about this coverage . Thanks for info
Sponsored