Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicles
2013 Ford Fusion Energi, 2020 Mach-E First Edition (reservation)
Country flag
What is the installation time like for the XPEL coating - is it hours, days? I admit I literally never heard of it before but this thread and their site make it seem pretty great.

OP
TheSteelRider

TheSteelRider

Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD
Country flag
I left my car a the installer for about 3 days. The first day he super cleaned it and inspected for any paint correction, next 2 days were install then last half of last day was inspection and clean again under the sun. Not sure if that is a typical timeframe or not, but this was a single installer who also had other cars in his shop at the time (one of them a very nice porsche carrera)

Stickboy46

Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
I left my car a the installer for about 3 days. The first day he super cleaned it and inspected for any paint correction, next 2 days were install then last half of last day was inspection and clean again under the sun. Not sure if that is a typical timeframe or not, but this was a single installer who also had other cars in his shop at the time (one of them a very nice porsche carrera)
Mine had mine for a week. That includes the clean, full install, ceramic coat and tint though.

LYTMCQ

First Name
Lyt
Reaction score
First Name
Lyt
Vehicles
Telsa Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
Dropped off Monday, picked up Friday, they did not have to paint correction. This was full nose PPF, tint and ceramic.

Do not do the ceramic, waste of money. They did Xpel ceramic and it was gone in 9 months.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicles
2013 Ford Fusion Energi, 2020 Mach-E First Edition (reservation)
Country flag
Thank you all for the replies! They are very helpful!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Mach-E Topics 22