methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I have one of the bigger name insurance companies but yeah planning to find out about this coverage . Thanks for info
My agent asked and it would not be covered under my policy with Erie. She didn't know of any additional add-ons to cover PPF.
Sponsored

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
With such expensive Costs what happens in case of accident and say hood or a panel with PPF is replaced or repaired.... will insurance cover the PPF replacement? Even a small repair full PPF replacement on that panel. I will call my insurance but was wondering how people here are factoring this in when deciding to get PPF.
All I know is when my front windshield has to be replaced, the insurance won't pay for tint replacement unless its doctor ordered.

Of course, glass is usually covered differently than other things on a car (at least in Arizona).

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Anyone have any news on XPEL templates yet? Feel like a lot of mentions to having a Mach-E scanned were in Texas (which I believe is where their headquarters are?), so I'm thinking it could be delayed due to what's happening down there?

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Anyone have any news on XPEL templates yet? Feel like a lot of mentions to having a Mach-E scanned were in Texas (which I believe is where their headquarters are?), so I'm thinking it could be delayed due to what's happening down there?
I have Feb 16th in my memory as the date they were going to measure the car. I could be wrong. With the weather in TX this week, it could have been delayed. Do you mind me asking how much the quote was for the XPEL was or are they waiting for the template to provide it?

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
There are often marks in the clearcoat that need to be polished out due to transport/assembly/dealer washes.
Our Rapid Red FE is in the Paint Restoration now because of Driver Side scratches from shipping & 15 miles of "Quality Checks"...

After that It will get 100% Xpel and then Ceramic Coating

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
I have Feb 16th in my memory as the date they were going to measure the car. I could be wrong. With the weather in TX this week, it could have been delayed. Do you mind me asking how much the quote was for the XPEL was or are they waiting for the template to provide it?
My XPEL installer told me the 16th, and wanted to wait till templates were available to give me a hard number for whole car. I will call them today to see if they see the templates in the system.

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
Our RR FE is at the shop now... They informed me that the Xpel scan scheduled for the 16 th was delayed due to the weather. They are expected to start 3D Scans today. Ours should have the Templates ready for next week application and then Ceramic Coat.

Our Shop is using our FE as an example / advertisement
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 1613744034948

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Our RR FE is at the shop now... They informed me that the Xpel scan scheduled for the 16 th was delayed due to the weather. They are expected to start 3D Scans today. Ours should have the Templates ready for next week application and then Ceramic Coat.

Our Shop is using our FE as an example / advertisement
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 1613744034948
Awesome news! Please let us know once scans are done and templates are available to other installers.

My Mach-E has been garaged since after the first few days of owning waiting on PPF templates to install.

I haven't got a quote yet since my installer indicated it would be quite a bit more for custom work, so I opted to wait for templates.

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
I initially plan to do a full ppf kavaca for 7000$ but I didn’t consider winter tire and another set of mags so I went full ppf 3M Scotchguard Pro Series for 4800$, my mme is at the shop right now, they are applying the ppf by hand today and tomorrow! Note that my prices is in canadian dollars. I’ll have pics from the process to share!

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
I dropped my car off at the Xpel shop in Austin. They are coming next week to measure for the template. I couldn't do it earlier this week because of the weather. I am doing the whole car plus a ceramic coating on top and tint the front two side windows to match the back. The design guys will also look at the interior to see if they can do an interior package.

Before they measure it they are going to have wash it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 1613792599490

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
My XPEL installer told me the 16th, and wanted to wait till templates were available to give me a hard number for whole car. I will call them today to see if they see the templates in the system.
That's funny, that they want to wait for templates

An Ottawa shop (well known) quoted me $1100 CAN 4 weeks ago for a full front ( fenders, hood, mirrors).... No need for templates

Some installers are charging way much more... Had another place quote me $1650

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Awesome news! Please let us know once scans are done and templates are available to other installers.

My Mach-E has been garaged since after the first few days of owning waiting on PPF templates to install.

I haven't got a quote yet since my installer indicated it would be quite a bit more for custom work, so I opted to wait for templates.
My installer is indicating same price with or without templates... they are authorized distributor.

Last edited:

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
That's funny, that they want to wait for templates
An Ottawa shop (well known) quoted me $1100 CAN 4 weeks ago for a full front ( fenders, hood, mirrors).... No need for templates
Some installers are charging way much more... Had another place quote me $1650
Interesting. 1100 sounds like a very low price. I assume you were quoted for XPEL Ultimate? Sounds like it would be worth the trip if Ottawa were closer and the border open.

He quoted me 2100 for full front, door edges, rocker panels, fenders lips, and mirrors.
He wanted to get the templates before quoting me a price on the whole car because the width of the doors makes a big difference as far as how much film is wasted. He said they would do it without a template if necessary, but the price would depend on how much waste there was. That seemed reasonable to me, especially since I don't have the car yet for him to eyeball/measure.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Interesting. 1100 sounds like a very low price. I assume you were quoted for XPEL Ultimate? Sounds like it would be worth the trip if Ottawa were closer and the border open.

He quoted me 2100 for full front, door edges, rocker panels, fenders lips, and mirrors.
He wanted to get the templates before quoting me a price on the whole car because the width of the doors makes a big difference as far as how much film is wasted. He said they would do it without a template if necessary, but the price would depend on how much waste there was. That seemed reasonable to me, especially since I don't have the car yet for him to eyeball/measure.
1100 CAN... I'm not sure what the conversion rate is right now.