Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Thankfully (I say that because if they could not put it back on I would be raving mad :)) they cut around the pony.. will try to take picture in the right light.
Interesting. I have an appt at a very reputable detailer in Chicago and I asked specifically about the Pony and he insisted they could take it off and put it back on. I'm wondering if I should request then to just go around it.
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Interesting. I have an appt at a very reputable detailer in Chicago and I asked specifically about the Pony and he insisted they could take it off and put it back on. I'm wondering if I should request then to just go around it.
Its a hard call....my installer said he would prefer removing the badges on doors to have clean install (I bets its easy to stretch over the door without the badge) and he was very confident he can put it back - does it on other cars all the time. I was like OK - you are the expert. And now he says he cant put it back because the double sided tape wont stick to the badge and he is ordering replacement badges. I think the take he has is either different from what is used at factory Or the badge material is such that it wont take anything else after removed once. Not sure. But we have seen other images with the badge put on after removal.

But the pony is more right up front - and I would be concerned personally. My 2cents is not to touch the pony and cut around it. You cant tell when looking at it.

PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE, C-Max
Country flag
Didn't take the Pony off on mine. Just picked it up today. Here are some pics (sorry light isn't great and I was in a rush, had to get back to work). Over all, great job. You can't see the seems at all except in some cases where you look for them (see Pony). Really glad I did it (Xpel Ultimate/Stealth with ceramic coating plus Xpel 70% tint on two front windows).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E IMG_20210311_135730834
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E IMG_20210311_131227825_HDR
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E IMG_20210311_131254646_HDR
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E IMG_20210311_131304653
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E IMG_20210311_131314833
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E IMG_20210311_131320101_HDR
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E IMG_20210311_131330242

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I will be getting full front XPEL Ultimate Plus, with A pillars, mirrors, door edges, and a carbon fiber grill (STEK DYNOcarbon-gloss). The STEK is a PPF, it will go over top of the XPEL, so two layers in the grill area. I liked the idea somebody mentioned, the painted area on the door sills, so I will ask for that also. This will cost about $2200. I am dropping my car off there this afternoon, picking it up tomorrow. Your car looks great JellyBelly!

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I hate this forum.. Because of this thread (and others), I went and took the plunge on PPF (full front + rear bumper (black)) and Ceramic, despite my best (frugal) instincts. Installer didn't use templates, so most edges are rolled under. They cut around the front pony as well.
Came out brilliantly and Really can't see the seams unless you're looking for them. Can't wait to take more photos of it out in the sun.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E IMG_1566
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E IMG_1579
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E IMG_1576
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E IMG_1575
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E IMG_1574
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E IMG_1573
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E IMG_1572
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E IMG_1571
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E IMG_1569
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E IMG_1580

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I hate this forum.. Because of this thread (and others), I went and took the plunge on PPF (full front + rear bumper (black)) and Ceramic, despite my best (frugal) instincts. Installer didn't use templates, so most edges are rolled under. They cut around the front pony as well.
Came out brilliantly and Really can't see the seams unless you're looking for them. Can't wait to take more photos of it out in the sun.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E IMG_1580
Looks great and yeah I had to splurge as well thanks to all posts here ?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Here is the front pony ... could not avoid shadows but unless you are very close and the phone was about 8 inches from the logo you can’t see the seams
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 828CF14E-0714-4AD1-99C5-8BB18D40C466

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Here is the front pony ... could not avoid shadows but unless you are very close and the phone was about 8 inches from the logo you can’t see the seams
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 828CF14E-0714-4AD1-99C5-8BB18D40C466
All the photos so far look really good. I think I might just ask my detailer to go around...

I'm not sure I want to risk them messing up the Pony. Especially since it's like in the curve of the bumper and inset into it a bit. I just have worries all around.

Has anybody had it taken off and put back on after PPF?

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Didn't take the Pony off on mine. Just picked it up today. Here are some pics (sorry light isn't great and I was in a rush, had to get back to work). Over all, great job. You can't see the seems at all except in some cases where you look for them (see Pony). Really glad I did it (Xpel Ultimate/Stealth with ceramic coating plus Xpel 70% tint on two front windows).

Wow and your total cost was? That looks amazing.

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag

Looks fantastic!

ScarlettMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
Funny you mention that because I might have gotten the same guy to give me a quote seeing that you are in IL as well and thats why I really wanted pictures of what others have done here and seeing how all the recent pictures came out, I do not want that pony taken off and put back. I was afraid those wont be in stock just yet and same goes for the side lettering as well.

ScarlettMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
Its a hard call....my installer said he would prefer removing the badges on doors to have clean install (I bets its easy to stretch over the door without the badge) and he was very confident he can put it back - does it on other cars all the time. I was like OK - you are the expert. And now he says he cant put it back because the double sided tape wont stick to the badge and he is ordering replacement badges. I think the take he has is either different from what is used at factory Or the badge material is such that it wont take anything else after removed once. Not sure. But we have seen other images with the badge put on after removal.

But the pony is more right up front - and I would be concerned personally. My 2cents is not to touch the pony and cut around it. You cant tell when looking at it.
Thanks for sharing the pictures and your opinion as well. I am definitely going to say no to the Pony. I think others have said they used the template and it went over the lettering. Will be poring over the pictures more carefully again tomorrow.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
All the photos so far look really good. I think I might just ask my detailer to go around...

I'm not sure I want to risk them messing up the Pony. Especially since it's like in the curve of the bumper and inset into it a bit. I just have worries all around.

Has anybody had it taken off and put back on after PPF?
Not knowing what kind of adhesive is used, I would be a little hesitant sticking the logo back on if applying PPF and Ceramic (since the whole point is to keep stuff from sticking to the surface, no?)

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
It’s been 16 days since my full PPF has been done and didn’t received the call from my installer about the tape to put back my Mach-E4X (he doesn’t had the good tape and had to order some) I’ll try to contact him soon.
Sponsored