Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I like the result as it cover more edges then the templates.
You should be able to take the Mach-E emblem to plasti dip it because it takes several days to complete a full ppf.
I also want to add that as I find it nice on a white car
1C39CF00-3954-4947-B5F2-966D8397B95B.png
I'm thinking about adding these as well.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Its a hard call....my installer said he would prefer removing the badges on doors to have clean install (I bets its easy to stretch over the door without the badge) and he was very confident he can put it back - does it on other cars all the time. I was like OK - you are the expert. And now he says he cant put it back because the double sided tape wont stick to the badge and he is ordering replacement badges. I think the take he has is either different from what is used at factory Or the badge material is such that it wont take anything else after removed once. Not sure. But we have seen other images with the badge put on after removal.

But the pony is more right up front - and I would be concerned personally. My 2cents is not to touch the pony and cut around it. You cant tell when looking at it.
The front pony sits in an indent, so it makes more sense to not remove it. The PPF wouldn't sit in the indentation properly anyway.

PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE, C-Max
Country flag
Wow and your total cost was? That looks amazing.
So I actually only did the Full Front XPEL Ultimate ($1995) with ceramic over the PPF only and XPEL window tint (70%) for an additional $500. Installer recommended using the Ceramic Boost not just on the PPF but the entire car on a regular basis. Going to test it out. Pricing in South Florida.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I have the XPEL and the grill wrap now, I still need to get the new front license plate bracket on. The wrap covers 2 of the 3 holes from the original bracket. It is visible, but will be behind the license plate. I'm not totally happy with the coverage of the wrap. The Crossclimate2 tires are quiet and handle well so far with dry roads.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 20210313_141624

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
I have the XPEL and the grill wrap now, I still need to get the new front license plate bracket on. The wrap covers 2 of the 3 holes from the original bracket. It is visible, but will be behind the license plate. I'm not totally happy with the coverage of the wrap. The Crossclimate2 tires are quiet and handle well so far with dry roads.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 20210313_141624
Do you know if they took the pony off for either (or both) the grill wrap or PPF?

Why aren't you happy with the coverage of the wrap?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Do you know if they took the pony off for either (or both) the grill wrap or PPF?
Pony front and rear are available for purchase, they do not look glued on rather the front is screwed and the back is a clip. However that would mean you would have to disassemble lots to get it out.

LJ8Z8A224A - Front
LJ8Z 9942528C - Rear

Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 9.29.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 9.29.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 9.28.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 9.28.00 AM.png

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag

Why aren't you happy with the coverage of the wrap?
They did not take the pony off, I think the XPEL template has the cutout. They transferred that cutout to the wrap, so two layers cut out around the horse.

The edge of the wrap is the part that is not as good as I would like. It does not go around the edge all the way. From a distance it is not so noticeable.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 1615742129596

The wrap pattern is only visible from close up, but it does look good.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 1615742283440

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Picked up my car from the local XPEL shop and it looks great. Glad I read all the replies to this thread.

I wanted some protection for the top of the back bumper. There aren't any XPEL templates for this area, so I took a shot on the bumper protector from the Ford accessories site. The XPEL shop installed it no problem and it looks better than I thought. It has a nice texture to it that I wasn't expecting. It'll be interesting to see how it holds up.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 20210317_172145

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 20210317_172216

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Picked up my car from the local XPEL shop and it looks great. Glad I read all the replies to this thread.

I wanted some protection for the top of the back bumper. There aren't any XPEL templates for this area, so I took a shot on the bumper protector from the Ford accessories site. The XPEL shop installed it no problem and it looks better than I thought. It has a nice texture to it that I wasn't expecting. It'll be interesting to see how it holds up.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 20210317_172216

Do they have one of these for door sills? I had xpel put on the door sills for the front doors. I like the texture.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag

Did you get a full or partial XPEL?

how long start to finish?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
@machefan Got the two circled packages. It was $1850 out the door. Dropped it off yesterday at 8am and picked it up today at 3pm.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 1616030695764
Thanks, I at the shop now getting a full PPF, however it's taking over a week, I think the installer wants to get it perfect and taking his time. I am not rushing as the MME has so many nooks and crannies, so I understand. Will post pictures when it get it back. Cost was 5K for the entire car, not cheap, but I have major CAR OCD's and RED is a magnet for imperfections.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
Just stopped by the local shop to see their work

I'm still debating but it's almost settled in my head that I will only do front bumper and fender/hood tip

Why?

1st
it's damn expensive, I'm looking at close to $2k for full front end. That's a lot of money that my cartesian financial brain cannot justify

2nd
I've owned 9 cars with some for up to 9yrs and aside from chips on bumper, front grille, tip of the hood and A pillars, I've never had chips on front fenders, so I find it's a waste of money

If it was around 1k, I'd go full front end but at 2k it's starting to add up and my brain can't approve it!!!
Sponsored