OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
OK, I was looking at the XPEL templates and when it came time to choose the submodel, there was one I didn't know about. ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 1.33.08 PM
Here in Quebec we often refer to certain mustang ice model (base engine) as "Mustang de danseuse".... Strippers Mustang

Maybe XPel thought there was one also in the Mach E lineup

???

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
OK, I was looking at the XPEL templates and when it came time to choose the submodel, there was one I didn't know about. ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 1.33.08 PM
WHOA there settle down!

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Just dropped mine off for full hood, bumper, fenders, and mirrors. Can't wait to get it back
Called for a quote today, probably call and make an appointment for the same thing.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Ha! That is my car in the Buffalo Car Care pictures few posts below. Anything specific you want to see close up?
Did they use a precut template or just use bulk rolls? Did they wrap the edges of the surfaces, too?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I’d love to know whose this is so that I can learn about the experience at Chicago Auto Pros. I’ve been following their Instagram and YouTube videos and considering a visit to them.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E ECCC69C0-B9EE-48D8-ADAC-692A6D3EBA34
Same! Have watched their Youtube for a while. Great content IMO.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Car was in the detail shop for two days. XPEL full hood, front facia, headlights, mirrors, fender flares and top of rear bumper. Then full car Opti-Coat Ceramic. Very happy with the results.

20210318_153958.jpg

20210318_154006.jpg

20210318_154026.jpg

20210318_154020.jpg

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
I’d love to know whose this is so that I can learn about the experience at Chicago Auto Pros. I’ve been following their Instagram and YouTube videos and considering a visit to them.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 20210318_154020
Hey, that's me!!

I actually don't follow them on Instagram so I didn't see this!

This is their Glenview location.

I should pick it up tomorrow, so I'll report back on how it turns out.

So far they have been great. They're on the expensive side, but with stuff like this it's a service and I think a lot of times you get what you pay for.

My partner had his Tesla ceramic coated and windows tinted with them and they did an amazing job. So I'm expecting top notch on my MME.

So far customer service has been great. I was really worried about the Pony up front as they said they could take it off and PPF under it and put it back on. I was really worried about that as I didn't want it to break or anything. Well, ultimately they didn't take it off and they're going around it, which is fine by me.

Anyway, I'll know more tomorrow!

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Car was in the detail shop for two days. XPEL full hood, front facia, headlights, mirrors, fender flares and top of rear bumper. Then full car Opti-Coat Ceramic. Very happy with the results.

20210318_153958.jpg

20210318_154006.jpg

20210318_154026.jpg

20210318_154020.jpg
That looks great!!

I debated getting ceramic coating at the same time, but with PPFing the front end it was getting expensive!

I am going to try some DIY ceramic options and see how it goes. I know it won't last as long, but I think I'm OK with that.

Anybody have any good DIY options? I've read on here about the Turtle Wax product (hybrid solutions). Any other suggestions?

mbia

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive40i & Mach E FE Carbonized Gray
Country flag
Hey, that's me!!
Congratulations! It’s going to look fantastic. Based upon their reputation and all that I’ve seen, I’m certain it will be top notch. I’ve looked in my area and having seen Chicago Auto Pros social posts and videos, they provide transparency and really show the care and attention to detail they put into their work. Can’t wait to hear your impressions when you pick it up tomorrow!

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That looks great!!

I debated getting ceramic coating at the same time, but with PPFing the front end it was getting expensive!

I am going to try some DIY ceramic options and see how it goes. I know it won't last as long, but I think I'm OK with that.

Anybody have any good DIY options? I've read on here about the Turtle Wax product (hybrid solutions). Any other suggestions?
Believe it or not, Turtle Wax Ceramic products are excellent. I learned about them from a pro detailer.

My total was just over $3K. It was def more than I anticipated spending but I really wanted to keep the cars 'new' look for years and I didn't want the piano black surfaces to start showing surface scratches. We'll see if it was worth the expense over time.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Did they use a precut template or just use bulk rolls? Did they wrap the edges of the surfaces, too?
Yes, they used the templates. They wrapped all edges they could reach.......they specifically mentioned the front edge of the front door as one edge they did not wrap because of the difficulty of backside access from top to bottom , even with the door open.
Sponsored