Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Did they use a precut template or just use bulk rolls? Did they wrap the edges of the surfaces, too?
My detailer used precut Xpel templates. He showed me the process. From the MachE First Edition CAD drawings to exporting them to a huge printer that prints out the XPEL forms. No blades come close to the car during the process. Any seam that can be wrapped around an edge is wrapped.
Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Whoa whoa whoa. I didn't even know you had gotten your car yet!? You have to close the grumpy thread for people who don't have their Mach-E yet, now :)
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-mach-es-yet-to-be-grumpy-in.3145/post-125233

Like I said in that thread, I know the feeling of seeing all the posts of everyone getting their cars so I didn't want to rub it in.

But man did I want to post pictures and yell about how great it's been and how much fun I've been having

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 20210312_141341

The PPF installer had just finished a 911 turbo and was gonna start on this beefed up GT500 making 868HP for Livernois Motorsports

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Would someone with an FE MME mind taking a quick close-up picture of the side mirrors? (Like, the top painted portion.) I want to see with the colored mirrors what they look like without any PPF or anything installed. Thanks!

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I going to assume that this one is the one that comes with
Would someone with an FE MME mind taking a quick close-up picture of the side mirrors? (Like, the top painted portion.) I want to see with the colored mirrors what they look like without any PPF or anything installed. Thanks!
I'm not sure if you'll find many people wanting to take pictures of their new FE MME ? If I wasn't at work (I know, I'm cheating reading this) I'd go do it myself. If you aren't flooded with pics after I stop work, I'll post a couple for you

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag

I'm not sure if you'll find many people wanting to take pictures of their new FE MME ? If I wasn't at work (I know, I'm cheating reading this) I'd go do it myself. If you aren't flooded with pics after I stop work, I'll post a couple for you
Thanks!!

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Does this help? Note that this one does have PPF.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E IMG_1569

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I really want to add ppf and ceramic coating but this is a costly add. I’ve spoken to two shops so far.

I could tell the first guy is a true artist. He wanted at least a week, but preferably two weeks, to do both. His “Level 1” package is the full hood - he refuses to do partial hoods because he doesn’t like the line. He uses STEK which he thinks is a superior product to XPEL. The Level 1 with full hood, fenders, bumper, mirrors, and door edges is $2700. cQuartz ceramic coat was another $2500. $900 discount if I do both, but I’m still looking at over $4500 all in. He sounded very enthusiastic about the job, but I’m not enthusiastic about the time or the cost. I do think he’d do a phenomenal job.

The second shop was more mainstream. They do a lot of work for the local lux dealership group. They do a partial hood, partial fender, bumper and mirror LLumar PPF for $995, and “Bullet Proof” ceramic coat for $699. They’d have it done in 4-5 days. I’m not personally offended by the partial hood line - I’ve seen it on plenty of cars.

But even price that could be a tough sell with the boss. If I’d gone with the Star White I’d feel more comfortable skipping it. White tri-coats are much more forgiving of chips and scratches. But I worry about how well the Grabber Blue will hold up over time without protection.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My detailer used precut Xpel templates. He showed me the process. From the MachE First Edition CAD drawings to exporting them to a huge printer that prints out the XPEL forms. No blades come close to the car during the process. Any seam that can be wrapped around an edge is wrapped.
Your dealer had a machine to cut the templates? Wow!

My dealer had to order them precut :(

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I really want to add ppf and ceramic coating but this is a costly add. I’ve spoken to two shops so far.

I could tell the first guy is a true artist. He wanted at least a week, but preferably two weeks, to do both. His “Level 1” package is the full hood - he refuses to do partial hoods because he doesn’t like the line. He uses STEK which he thinks is a superior product to XPEL. The Level 1 with full hood, fenders, bumper, mirrors, and door edges is $2700. cQuartz ceramic coat was another $2500. $900 discount if I do both, but I’m still looking at over $4500 all in. He sounded very enthusiastic about the job, but I’m not enthusiastic about the time or the cost. I do think he’d do a phenomenal job.

The second shop was more mainstream. They do a lot of work for the local lux dealership group. They do a partial hood, partial fender, bumper and mirror LLumar PPF for $995, and “Bullet Proof” ceramic coat for $699. They’d have it done in 4-5 days. I’m not personally offended by the partial hood line - I’ve seen it on plenty of cars.

But even price that could be a tough sell with the boss. If I’d gone with the Star White I’d feel more comfortable skipping it. White tri-coats are much more forgiving of chips and scratches. But I worry about how well the Grabber Blue will hold up over time without protection.
Suntek is the competitor to XPEL, I had the same thing said to me, each one felt one is better than the other. I went with XPEL because they had all of the templates etc.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

FE owners are a notoriously shy and bashful group, especially those on this forum. ;)

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
I mentioned here a while ago that I was waffling over how much coverage was enough/too much, and my boss said "Why not do the whole thing?". Gonna keep her.

HBGuy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2021 MME Prem LR-RD; 2013 Focus Electric
Occupation
IT Architect
Country flag
That price is just for the parts. Installation is the killer.

In my area,
PPF Partial = $1400
PPF Full Front = $1800
Full Wrap = $3000-5000

I remember watching quite a bit of professional wrap videos saying the cost of the wrap is in the $400-700 range. So most of the cost is for labor.

If any of you are handy and willing to experiment on your Mach-E, can prob save a big chunk of change by doing it yourself. Oh, we have a friend that is a car wash guy that also does ceramic coating...the materials itself is a few $100 and good for 2 cars he said.
Thanks for the info. Whom in the OC did you get your quote for the full front wrap from, and do you know whether they're using XPEL or 3M? I'm in Huntington Beach and want to get this done when my MME is delivered in early Apr.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I mentioned here a while ago that I was waffling over how much coverage was enough/too much, and my boss said "Why not do the whole thing?". Gonna keep her.
Ha!
My boss didn’t tell me but he pays me, I went full. My dilemma is my PPF guy is taking too long :(

I could whine but he got additional protection for me from XPEL at no additional cost to cover the black strip just below the windows. I just have to wait till they arrive this week. I am so anxious it’s driving me crazy.