John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
If Your looking for best bang for the buck !! I went for a 2 year CarPro Cquartz Ceramic Quartz Paint Coating UK. A 2year coating for $495.00 includes paint correction under
Xpell PFF. There are a few non biased reviews on YouTube. Here is a good one a 2.5 year study. .
Once that is done find a good spray ceramic coating and do that every 6 months or so,
There are 5 or 6 that are good for 1 year. Just a little maintenance. My car wash puts it on
for me for $50.00 . Takes around 1 hour or so.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
Just got my car back from deatiler, and I think I got an OK deal. Xpel PPF (10 year warranty) with full coverage on entire leading edge: bumpers, grille, pony, moustache, 24" up the hood, fenders and flares, headights, etc (did not include a-pillars or rockers). Also the painted parts of mirrors. A strip of "bump guard" on all 4 doors, and the loading lip and top of back bumper. Both front windows tinted to match the factory rears at 30%, and a full ceramic coat (3 year warranty). $2200. And I'm incredibly pleased how it turned out.

mach-e.jpg

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium extended range RWD Mach E
Country flag
Looking for some recommendations. I’ve followed this forum for a while but didn’t want to post until I had a Mach E. I could of waited for my infinite blue premium extended range rwd with a build date of May 2, but I ended up buying the same thing in shadow black last weekend once someone cancelled their order.

Now the fun stuff. I can’t decide between keeping the glossy look or going with the stealth/matte look. I am partial to XPEL stealth, but I haven’t seen any real examples of how it’ll turn out besides someone using it on the top. I’m going to do a full PPF with ceramic coating both exterior and interior, powder coat the rims, and ceramic tint the windows. Any recommendations of whether to keep the glossy look or go with stealth/matte would be welcomed. Like I said I tend to lean stealth/matte, but the majority of the people I talk to say glossy. I usually wouldn’t care what they say, but it’s the majority of people I’ve talked to.

Marshalbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Jeep
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Just got my car back from deatiler, and I think I got an OK deal. Xpel PPF (10 year warranty) with full coverage on entire leading edge: bumpers, grille, pony, moustache, 24" up the hood, fenders and flares, headights, etc (did not include a-pillars or rockers). Also the painted parts of mirrors. A strip of "bump guard" on all 4 doors, and the loading lip and top of back bumper. Both front windows tinted to match the factory rears at 30%, and a full ceramic coat (3 year warranty). $2200. And I'm incredibly pleased how it turned out.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E mach-e
Im in Kansas city also. who did you use? I would like about the same.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Any chance on finding a picture or part number? I’m very interested in putting mine back on with the same setup.
Here you go. #479710. 1/4” Nylon Rivets. They have a Philips head screw which makes them expand. Worked like a charm.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 5B01C307-6BBB-44CC-8A99-9D04C25CB9DB

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had my Llumar PPF installed today at Auto Image in Wichita. They do all the PPF for the cars from the Walser luxury dealerships in town.

I’m generally very pleased. Partial clear bra with 18” of hood, partial fenders, side mirrors, bumper. $899+tax. Took 24 hours. Llumar already had templates for the MME.

They were able to fix the rock chip on the bumper - not perfectly but close enough that you’d never see unless you knew where to look. The seam across the hood is invisible unless it catches the light just right or, again, if you know where to look and lean in close. And can’t see the hood seam from the driver’s seat. The PPF is totally transparent.

Seams on the mirrors are a bit more noticeable. See pics. I have noticed a couple bubbles near edges. But I’m told these should dissipate in a few days and to bring it back if they don’t.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 4DC92318-6A3A-4127-A18D-32B4EE23E3F8

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 336D3982-EB52-4AFB-B887-285D2FC4F701

Mirror seams (look near the pointy end near bottom right of pic).

Hopefully the 10yr 2-coat ceramic in a few weeks helps keep the PPF seams from collecting grime.

Last edited:

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Im in Kansas city also. who did you use? I would like about the same.
Tinting KC in Lenexa. Prices were competitive (and a tiny bit lower than the two other places I checked), but they were really friendly and didn't have the cocky attitude that I got from at least one other place.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 336D3982-EB52-4AFB-B887-285D2FC4F701
Just curious, did your mirrors turn out like mine with the seams? See my pics.

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just curious, did your mirrors turn out like mine with the seams? See my pics.
Yes. But the seams are essentially invisible on the black mirrors. There is only so much “stretching” they can do with that film, so it has to be in sections. If you're asking specifcially about the rounded edge meeting the sharp angle, they didn't seem to have that:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 1618511751783

Last edited:

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
Here is video a one on 8 way PPF test.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yes. But the seams are essentially invisible on the black mirrors. There is only so much “stretching” they can do with that film, so it has to be in sections. If you're asking specifcially about the rounded edge meeting the sharp angle, they didn't seem to have that:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 1618511751783
Here is how mine looks, the only difference is they covered all but not the inside portion. Hard to show it, glare going on.

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 5.19.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 5.19.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 5.18.39 PM.png

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Looking for some recommendations. I’ve followed this forum for a while but didn’t want to post until I had a Mach E. I could of waited for my infinite blue premium extended range rwd with a build date of May 2, but I ended up buying the same thing in shadow black last weekend once someone cancelled their order.

Now the fun stuff. I can’t decide between keeping the glossy look or going with the stealth/matte look. I am partial to XPEL stealth, but I haven’t seen any real examples of how it’ll turn out besides someone using it on the top. I’m going to do a full PPF with ceramic coating both exterior and interior, powder coat the rims, and ceramic tint the windows. Any recommendations of whether to keep the glossy look or go with stealth/matte would be welcomed. Like I said I tend to lean stealth/matte, but the majority of the people I talk to say glossy. I usually wouldn’t care what they say, but it’s the majority of people I’ve talked to.
I have seen some you tube videos - personally the gloss looks better in my view unless you have a black or white or grey colors and teh stealth may look Ok on those - comes down to personal choice I guess. I cant imagine my rapid red FE in the Xpel stealth - changes the look

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Did anybody do the bottom of the doors?
I got the whole car done in Xpel Ultra and they did roll the and cover the bottom of the door and inside of the door where you can see the paint at the bottom

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium extended range RWD Mach E
Country flag
I have seen some you tube videos - personally the gloss looks better in my view unless you have a black or white or grey colors and teh stealth may look Ok on those - comes down to personal choice I guess. I cant imagine my rapid red FE in the Xpel stealth - changes the look
I have a black Mach E. I would more than likely do a ceramic coat after to give it a little bit of a glisten with a matte finish.
Sponsored