Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Added Llumar PPF partial clear bra two weeks ago. The ceramic went on yesterday. IGL Quartz+ graphene-infused ceramic. 9H. “10 year” 2-coat application (though I deliberately use the quotes). Coating applied to all paint, plastic, and the rims. Glass got its own treatment although that’s only rated at 2 years. $1,150.

The car looks gorgeous. The coating gives the paint a little more depth and reflection. But to be honest it’s a pretty subtle improvement appearance-wise. The real test will be ease of washing. I’m not supposed to do any washing at all for the next three days.

My only regret is waiting two months to get this all done. I already collected a couple small rock chips and nicks during that time. Grabber Blue is gorgeous but needs more protection than the factory provides!! I hear the other colors aren’t fairing much better.
Sponsored

opus

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dwightbattle.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
UX/Product Designer
Country flag
I've been looking at PPF for a few weeks now, and found a couple of quality places in Seattle, but holy shit it's expensive here. Getting just the front done by itself isn't too bad, but once you start adding on the other high traffic areas plus the ceramic coating, it adds up to the point that you may as well wrap the whole thing.

I'm also thinking about getting stealth, because I really like the look, but I just want the colored panels done, and keep the black glossy. I think that will look sharp, but I'm concerned about the cost. We'll see once I get the car, and can take it over to a couple installers to get a quote.

I've had a couple of installers say they'd give me a discount if they let me use the car in their YouTube videos, because none of them have gotten their hands on one yet, which is pretty cool.

Galaxy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Scion
Country flag
Hi,
Has anyone considered doing the stealth(matte) version of ppf on their carbonized gray? I'm thinking about going that route but I kind of want to see how it'll turn out first.

opus

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dwightbattle.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
UX/Product Designer
Country flag
Hi,
Has anyone considered doing the stealth(matte) version of ppf on their carbonized gray? I'm thinking about going that route but I kind of want to see how it'll turn out first.
I'm doing XPEL stealth on infinite blue. I just went by the detailer, and they put a sample piece on it for me. It's not grey, but I haven't seen any stealth applications on a Mach E yet, so...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E Image from iOS (7)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E Image from iOS (9)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I'm doing XPEL stealth on infinite blue. I just went by the detailer, and they put a sample piece on it for me. It's not grey, but I haven't seen any stealth applications on a Mach E yet, so...

Image from iOS (7).jpg
Image from iOS (9).jpg
While I'm a glossy fan, that looks pretty good.

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium extended range RWD Mach E
Country flag
I ended up doing a full front PPF, full ceramic exterior and interior ceramic coating (even the carpet), powder coating the rims, ceramic tinting the windows, and blacking out the side and back emblems. Didn’t black out the front emblem since it’s on there by plastic and would have been a pain in the butt to get off to black out. Overall I’m extreme happy how it turned out.

88072B8A-363E-45DF-B6DE-C47E40253C71.jpeg

00F547A2-8328-4F3C-A695-6C75311D5DED.jpeg

30E52C3B-A0BC-459B-8A6A-51ED98B4AFA7.jpeg

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Finally got PPF on mine. There were not too many places within 100 mile radius for XPEL, 3M or SunTek. I was able to get a few quotes and went with Moose’s Wraps in Troy, PA. Aryc gave me the best price and the best customer service. Though I initially had some trepidation with the whole idea of PPF, I am very happy with the job they did. It looks amazing!! It was definitely worth the expense, even if it’s just for the peace of mind not worrying about chips. So thank you all again for sharing your knowledge about this product.
Also little did I know, in the process, Misty also starred in a sexy music video. She’s become quite the model. ?

5F7E4606-FE49-469C-96E9-BACBBFB57415.jpeg

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Also little did I know, in the process, Misty also starred in a sexy music video. She’s become quite the model. ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 5F7E4606-FE49-469C-96E9-BACBBFB57415
Misty looks good in soapy water! ?

Looks like the grill template comes with the Mustang emblem cut out. Very nice.

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ended up doing a full front PPF, full ceramic exterior and interior ceramic coating (even the carpet), powder coating the rims, ceramic tinting the windows, and blacking out the side and back emblems. Didn’t black out the front emblem since it’s on there by plastic and would have been a pain in the butt to get off to black out. Overall I’m extreme happy how it turned out.

88072B8A-363E-45DF-B6DE-C47E40253C71.jpeg

00F547A2-8328-4F3C-A695-6C75311D5DED.jpeg

30E52C3B-A0BC-459B-8A6A-51ED98B4AFA7.jpeg
My boy Ezie ended up putting up videos and pics on his IG since it was his first ME. If you’re in LA I can’t recommend him enough.

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
Question

I'm going to get the front end Xpel protected

I'm planning on doing a compound and polish before sending it to the shop, to ensure the paint is clean of anything it can have before it gets locked with the film

I won't be putting any wax or ceramic on the paint obviously...but will the compound and polish cause any issues with the xpel application?

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Question

I'm going to get the front end Xpel protected

I'm planning on doing a compound and polish before sending it to the shop, to ensure the paint is clean of anything it can have before it gets locked with the film

I won't be putting any wax or ceramic on the paint obviously...but will the compound and polish cause any issues with the xpel application?
I wouldn’t worry about putting a compound and polish on. The shop should do that before they wrap it to make sure there’s no imperfections. Just ask them to confirm it.

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I'm already getting chips in grabber blue FE paint. Ordered a matching paint pen for touch up. Any chance that I can have the current chips filled and then wrapped with PFF? I've got 2k miles on the car and several paint chips, so worried about what's to come. I don't hold onto cars long though so not sure what to do.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
Absolutely !!! Watch this video.

The 1965 Porsche 911 in this video was shipped from Sweden to the USA for it to be detailed and then donated to the Museum of Modern Art in Manhattan. I cover 2 quick tips in this episode: How to manage residue on single-stage soft paint, and how to Touch-up many rock chip precisely with the Loew Cornell Fine Paint Pen (size #1). This technique takes a bit longer than modern "wipe-on wipe-off" methods, but I do think the finished product looks better. Hope this helps! -L

Last edited:

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
I wouldn’t worry about putting a compound and polish on. The shop should do that before they wrap it to make sure there’s no imperfections. Just ask them to confirm it.

They already told me they only claybar the car before putting the film

That's why I want to do something a little more complete!!

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
They already told me they only claybar the car before putting the film

That's why I want to do something a little more complete!!
It shouldn't cause any issues. Maybe just let them know that you've done the paint correction - all they should do is a chemical decon before putting the wrap on to ensure no more compound/polish/etc on the paint.
Sponsored