First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I paid $2500.00
OK, the guy is coming to me so I guess I should factor that in as well. Otherwise I'd have to drop it off in Knoxville and leave it for at least a few days. This way it doesn't leave the property
Sponsored

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
Depends on where you are, of course.
I got a number of quotes in SoCal and the front end treatment (full hood, fenders, bumper, mirrors, headlights) was anywhere from $1750-$2400.
I went with a really good shop using XPEL Ultimate Plus and omitted the fenders. It was $1350, then I added the A and B pillars ($75) and the back lip above the rear bumper that gets beat up loading things in and out of the hatch ($75). Very happy, and they wrapped/tucked the edges everywhere so you can't even tell it has PPF unless really examining closely.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
If anyone is interested in doing a DIY PPF install, we gave it a try. We made a few mistakes but it looks pretty good now. It is a very long and tedious process.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Depends on where you are, of course.
I got a number of quotes in SoCal and the front end treatment (full hood, fenders, bumper, mirrors, headlights) was anywhere from $1750-$2400.
I went with a really good shop using XPEL Ultimate Plus and omitted the fenders. It was $1350, then I added the A and B pillars ($75) and the back lip above the rear bumper that gets beat up loading things in and out of the hatch ($75). Very happy, and they wrapped/tucked the edges everywhere so you can't even tell it has PPF unless really examining closely.
We are north of Knoxville (75miles) at the Kentucky border. No one is close to us, so to find a mobile guy that will come to me and do the work here.....I figured that was a bonus. I didn't think of the b-pillars or headlights until after I agreed on a price and placed a deposit. Maybe I should ask him about those parts

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
We are north of Knoxville (75miles) at the Kentucky border. No one is close to us, so to find a mobile guy that will come to me and do the work here.....I figured that was a bonus. I didn't think of the b-pillars or headlights until after I agreed on a price and placed a deposit. Maybe I should ask him about those parts
Mobile service is definitely a plus. Due diligence is important; make sure there are plenty of good ratings, as this is something that takes some skill. The piano black on the pillars can apparently get scratched pretty easily - it's probably a good idea to do the lower skirts as you mentioned, too. Good luck!

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Mobile service is definitely a plus. Due diligence is important; make sure there are plenty of good ratings, as this is something that takes some skill. The piano black on the pillars can apparently get scratched pretty easily - it's probably a good idea to do the lower skirts as you mentioned, too. Good luck!
Just reached out to him and we are adding the headlights and b pillars. He's doing a full detail with clay bar and polishing and will ceramic coat the PPF as well. I think I'll do the ceramic on the rest of the car myself since he's doing the hard/prep work for me

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Transhine, Whittier.
Thanks! How did it turn out? did they do a perfect job? their prices seem better than some of the ones ive got quoted so far.

Kevin C

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Infinite Blue ER AWD
Country flag
For those of you in the DFW area, I'm taking mine to XPEL Dallas. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Kevin C

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Infinite Blue ER AWD
Country flag
XPEL Dallas did a great job with the PPF. I had the complete front end done. They were very professional and friendly. If you're in Fort Worth or Dallas, I highly recommend them.

Mustang XPEL2.jpeg

Mustang XPEL.jpeg

Nugatti

First Name
Aleksander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Sorry in advance, haven't read through the entire thread.
Did your installers remove the headlights when installing?
How do you remove the headlights easily?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
No they didn’t and never heard of it being removed for the MME.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
As already referenced, the film is applied over the headlights. The PPF kits used by the installers are pre-cut and in multiple pieces. Watch one of the pro PPF installation videos and you'll get a better feel for the process.

Nugatti

First Name
Aleksander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The reason for asking is I had Suntek Ultra installed on the front and hood, plus ceramic coating over everything. The installer did not have pre-cut pieces. Left some areas around the headlights uncovered. Plus at the big crease on the front.

Some parts of the film, like in the crease, has gotten loose now a few weeks after, so I've complained, and going back there in a months time.

How does your cars look like in these areas?

20210920_183753.jpg

20210920_183805.jpg

20210920_183837.jpg

PA Bob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD SB
Country flag
I want to do ppf when I get me MME. Has anyone had this applied professionally in the Philly area? I am in Delco, southwest of PHL.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
The reason for asking is I had Suntek Ultra installed on the front and hood, plus ceramic coating over everything. The installer did not have pre-cut pieces. Left some areas around the headlights uncovered. Plus at the big crease on the front.

Some parts of the film, like in the crease, has gotten loose now a few weeks after, so I've complained, and going back there in a months time.

How does your cars look like in these areas?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 20210920_183837

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint Protection Film (PPF) such as XPEL for Mach-E 20210920_183837

Mine has a similar issue. Installer is coming back and will remove all of the PPF and just ceramic coat the whole car. Perhaps my expectations were too high but I can not live with those little edges catching dirt and bubbles in areas where I don't think they should be.