Paint rubbing off underneath the headlights.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
  • Banned
I believe I've seen this factory defect on at least one other car on the forum. On the left side of the car which appears to be assembled correctly, the painted bumper surface is below the light assembly so there's no contact, no rubbing, and therefore no paint peeling off. On the right side, the headlight comes into contact with the painted bodywork and the result is what you see.

Took it to the local Ford dealer and he said he thinks he can get the paint warrantied but I'm out of luck on the clear bra so I guess after they fix it I'll get to pay a grand or whatever to get the clear bra put back on. Thanks a lot Ford.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint rubbing off underneath the headlights. 1631752908036
Sponsored

Haven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT 7-8-21, Flex
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My MME arrived on 9-11 (7-8 build) and the dealer caught the issue while prepping the vehicle. They looked at another MME that arrived previously and it had the same paint defect. It was on both sides but the driver side was more pronounced. The dealer wanted to make it right. After the dealer went back between the body shop and Ford Engineering, their mechanic adjusted the headlight to create space and had it repainted. It came back yesterday and its finally back together today. I'm waiting for the dealer to take a software update so I can finance with Ford Options and take delivery. Their current dealer system does not support that finance option.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint rubbing off underneath the headlights. IMG_0672

OP
OP

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
  • Banned
My MME arrived on 9-11 (7-8 build) and the dealer caught the issue while prepping the vehicle. They looked at another MME that arrived previously and it had the same paint defect. It was on both sides but the driver side was more pronounced. The dealer wanted to make it right. After the dealer went back between the body shop and Ford Engineering, their mechanic adjusted the headlight to create space and had it repainted. It came back yesterday and its finally back together today. I'm waiting for the dealer to take a software update so I can finance with Ford Options and take delivery. Their current dealer system does not support that finance option.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint rubbing off underneath the headlights. IMG_0672
What did they repaint? The entire bumper?

It's been three weeks and still apparently waiting on Ford to approve the warranty repair.

Haven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT 7-8-21, Flex
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What did they repaint? The entire bumper?

It's been three weeks and still apparently waiting on Ford to approve the warranty repair.
What they did was take it all apart and then just retouch the area. I can’t tell as it looks perfect to me. They said if they had to repaint the bumper, they would have to repaint parts of the hood and fenders to blend in with the grabber blue color. They had a very good touch up guy who did the work.
Good luck!

Steelham

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Alright you guys made me go check mine since it was a 7/15 build. There was a tiny scratch on the passenger side, but since it’s hardly noticeable and plastic underneath I’ll probably just live with it.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint rubbing off underneath the headlights. 9FE32122-091A-4217-9EC6-7D3B452B2AC5

OP
OP

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
  • Banned
Is the headlight housing contacting the bumper cover? If it is, it'll probably get worse as time goes on due to the bumper cover getting pushed on by the wind/car wash water pressure/your neighbor's kid/etc.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
If all they are doing is touching up the paint they are not fixing the reason this is happening. Your headlight housing/ bumper might be a little loose and is flexing and rubbing on the bumper. They need to pull the bumper off and take the headlights out and reattach.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I swear to god that this forum has more ways to make me a nervous wreck than anything else in my life. I’m out in the garage every five minutes checking to see if I have the same ailment that someone just posted. I need a drink.

Haven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT 7-8-21, Flex
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
is it only a grabber blue case?
i don’t think so as they had to take it all apart and readjust the headlight to create space before touching it up and reassembling. The dealer also had another vehicle with the issue. I think it’s related to the build timing. Mine was 7-8-2021

OP
OP

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
How long did you all take to get warranty repair approved? I’ve been waiting over a month and the dealership is starting to ignore my emails asking for updates.

Haven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT 7-8-21, Flex
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How long did you all take to get warranty repair approved? I’ve been waiting over a month and the dealership is starting to ignore my emails asking for updates.
They did it before I took delivery and it didn’t sound like they had to wait for approval. They only did touch up. If your dealer is trying to repaint the hood, bumper and fenders, maybe that’s what is taking time.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I swear to god that this forum has more ways to make me a nervous wreck than anything else in my life. I’m out in the garage every five minutes checking to see if I have the same ailment that someone just posted. I need a drink.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint rubbing off underneath the headlights. dont-worry-cat

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint rubbing off underneath the headlights. massaging-give-me-a-massage

?

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
I believe I've seen this factory defect on at least one other car on the forum. On the left side of the car which appears to be assembled correctly, the painted bumper surface is below the light assembly so there's no contact, no rubbing, and therefore no paint peeling off. On the right side, the headlight comes into contact with the painted bodywork and the result is what you see.

Took it to the local Ford dealer and he said he thinks he can get the paint warrantied but I'm out of luck on the clear bra so I guess after they fix it I'll get to pay a grand or whatever to get the clear bra put back on. Thanks a lot Ford.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint rubbing off underneath the headlights. massaging-give-me-a-massage
Happening to mine as well.

paint issues 2.jpg

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
And me. :(

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paint rubbing off underneath the headlights. 1665260450069

Going in on Monday to the bodyshop to be assessed. Build date 9th June 2021.
Sponsored