Painting Brake Calipers + Changing our own pads...questions.

drivenfilms

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Videography / Photographer
Country flag
Hi, I know that the car has regenerative braking so I'm a bit wary on having the calipers painted, or doing my own brake pads since they need to be removed for the shop to do a good job. Is this like any other car where we can change our own pads without any issues with the regen braking system?
Sponsored

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
To my knowledge all of the regen occurs within the drive motors and the brakes themselves won't be impacted by your plans. I wonder if the programming to help with a smooth transition from drive motor regen to then allow brakes to take over would be impacted by pads that have a different bite level?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Hi, I know that the car has regenerative braking so I'm a bit wary on having the calipers painted, or doing my own brake pads since they need to be removed for the shop to do a good job. Is this like any other car where we can change our own pads without any issues with the regen braking system?
I’m pretty sure that the regen system doesn’t play a part in any of this since that pretty much just involves the ECU and the electric motors (someone correct me on this). The procedure around the electric parking brake I believe is the most complicated.

Since the car has regenerative braking, changing brake pads will be something that is going to be way down the line anyhow, unless you’re tracking the car.
Sponsored