Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've read several posts about owners that have had good luck with paintless dent (PDR) repair on the MME. I couldn't find any posts on dent caused by the charge port door over extending and denting the fender about one inch from the door opening. The PDR guy said he could remove the dent but does know how to access the area. There is some hardware inside the fender at that location. Has anyone here used PDR for a charge port door ding of the fender? If so, how did they access the backside of the fender?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Paintless Dent Repair of Charger Port Door Fender Ding IMG_2394
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I've had body line dents elsewhere and my PDR guy worked them out exclusively from the outside using his wizardry. I feel like the same can be done for here, they use their suction tool, some heat and whatever else is in their magic toolbox to pop them out.

OP
OP

SONEWBE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks! I hadn’t heard of the suction tool. I’ll discuss with my PDR guy.

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
As mentioned above, PDR guys are dark wizards whose sorcery is not bound by the laws of our reality. The main trouble you're going to have is with the body line through the center of your dent, which may thwart attempts made exclusively from the outside. This dent is accessible from below via the wheel well and should not require any dismantling of your chargeport or frunk. Furthermore, they should be able to snake their tools up without removing any of the paneling in the wheel well area. Good luck, hope your wizard quotes you a reasonable price.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Possibly by removing the battery cover under the frunk. I know you can access the back of the charge port there.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
If you read the replies, a word of caution. If the PDR guy actually looked at your car, find another one. If you spoke on the phone, then let him look at it.

A good PDR guy should have known what was posted.

OP
OP

SONEWBE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for everyones help. I removed the battery cover inside the frunk and can get close to where the dent is located. The plastic shroud used to protect the charge door hinge is very close to the dent. It looks like it is part of the charge port shroud. Does anyone know how to remove this? It would make accessing the dent area much easier. I want to make it as easy and least expensive as possible for the PDR guy.

Falcon53

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, 2017 GT350
Occupation
Pharmacy Software Development
Country flag
Thanks for everyones help. I removed the battery cover inside the frunk and can get close to where the dent is located. The plastic shroud used to protect the charge door hinge is very close to the dent. It looks like it is part of the charge port shroud. Does anyone know how to remove this? It would make accessing the dent area much easier. I want to make it as easy and least expensive as possible for the PDR guy.
Dennis did you ever figure how to PDR fix your charger port ding, I just dented my fender by accident? Duke

OP
OP

SONEWBE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes. The fender dent near the charge port is easily accessible if you remove the driver's side frunk shroud and the "speaker" bolted right next to the charge port. There is a welded bracket that can be used as a fulcrum for dent repair tools.

Falcon53

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, 2017 GT350
Occupation
Pharmacy Software Development
Country flag
Yes. The fender dent near the charge port is easily accessible if you remove the driver's side frunk shroud and the "speaker" bolted right next to the charge port. There is a welded bracket that can be used as a fulcrum for dent repair tools.
Thank you very much. Regards Duke

Yamifromiami

First Name
Yamile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE Premium AWD ext battery
Country flag
My husband ignored the “charge port door open” warnings on the dash and dented my car while backing into the column in my carport.

I just got my dent repaired at @SmartDentSolutions. It was covered by Zurich, the dent policy I purchased when I bought the car.

I also installed the jawstec piece to hopefully prevent this from happening again.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paintless Dent Repair of Charger Port Door Fender Ding CE45CF16-5BDC-41B7-B8B0-749A5A6856A3

Ford Mustang Mach-E Paintless Dent Repair of Charger Port Door Fender Ding 86990AE6-1696-4FF3-B45A-31C6F7A95608

OP
OP

SONEWBE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you see how he removed the charge port surround to gain access to the dent?

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Yep, I had mine fixed. The car wash pulled the door open and then off. The repair was about $600 and required access to the back of the fender.

PXL_20221231_172300906.MP~2.jpg
Sponsored