Pairing Apple Watch with Mach-E and using for PAAK?

Dude

First Name
Dominic Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E select
Occupation
Sim Pilot
Country flag
Does anyone have an Apple Watch paired with their Mach e and used for PAAK? If so do you notice any problems.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Sorry - misread. I have Apple Watch paired and donā€™t have problems but I donā€™t use it much.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Does anyone have an Apple Watch paired with their Mach e and used for PAAK? If so do you notice any problems.
If you're asking if you can use your watch as a key (WaaK), you can't. The watch app requires your phone, and only contains buttons for lock/unlock and remote start.

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
If you're asking if you can use your watch as a key (WaaK), you can't. The watch app requires your phone, and only contains buttons for lock/unlock and remote start.
So disappointing. Has anyone found the purpose of the app? Technically yes I can start the car from my wrist with my phone in my pocket but aside from that it doesn't appear to have a purpose.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So disappointing. Has anyone found the purpose of the app? Technically yes I can start the car from my wrist with my phone in my pocket but aside from that it doesn't appear to have a purpose.
You just found its only purpose. Lock/unlock or remote start without taking your phone out of your pocket. That's it.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
For me, remote starting from my watch is 100% reliable, it never fails to start it, and way quicker. The phone always takes forever and rarely fails to remote start it.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
For me, remote starting from my watch is 100% reliable, it never fails to start it, and way quicker. The phone always takes forever and rarely fails to remote start it.
Is your AW wifi only or cellular enabled ?

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
I tried remote start on it once, but it always takes me forever to find that icon on my watch. I guess if I moved it to the center it would be easier. Though I never had issues starting it from my phone. Even if it says failed the car always seems to be running.

For the times that I walk out to my car and forget my phone, it would be nice to be able to unlock from my watch even if I had to open the watch app.....Yes I know I can walk around the car to the driver's side and type in the code which I typically do but I still am going to complain. šŸ˜‚

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have the same experience as Neil on my Apple Watch. It works 100% without fail and almost instantaneous. That said, I don't use the Ford Pass app. I created my own shortcuts which also include Tire pressure, Battery Level, and Range among others.

I don't look at my watch. I push in the crown button and speak to execute the shortcut I want. I don't like using Siri on my watch.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
You can make the watch app a complication on your watch face. That makes it very quick to open and remote start. I use it all the time and it works great.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
The watch app requires your phone
Small clarification, the communication from the watch app to the car is over the internet, so if your watch has an internet connection (cell or Wi-Fi) then it doesnā€™t Need your phone, it will talk directly to Fordā€™s servers. Not a big deal, but I thought Iā€™d just throw it out there.

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Small clarification, the communication from the watch app to the car is over the internet, so if your watch has an internet connection (cell or Wi-Fi) then it doesnā€™t Need your phone, it will talk directly to Fordā€™s servers. Not a big deal, but I thought Iā€™d just throw it out there.
Really? If I put my phone in airplane mode, and try to issue a FordPass command from my watch, I just get an error saying ā€œSomething is not rightā€.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Incorrect, the phone needs to be within range for the FordPass watch app to work, it won't work if you have just cellular service on the watch.
Sponsored