cmorman

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD
Country flag
Creaking in my car really intensified as weather got colder (I.e. today at -2C was pretty bad). It concerned me enough that I’ll be counting the days until November 23rd when the dealers are supposed to take appointments for the windshield/roof recalls. Hopefully that would sort this out.
I'm in Phoenix, but the extreme heat did the same over the summer. If I left it out in the sun, it would creak up a storm with every little wave in the road.
Sponsored

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is insane, I have a 2014 Ford Cmax that has a pano roof and same style windshield. I have never heard of any problems or recalls on the Cmax.

Chainspell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium 4X, '23 GTPE
Country flag
Hey OP, any update on how your new roof is holding up? I've just started noticing a creaking in my pano glass roof as well that's significantly gotten worse over the past few days, found your thread while searching for any reports of the same.

I also experience it under the exact same conditions, creaking can be heard coming from the rear of the pano glass when going over any uneven road, at any speeds. No visible physical damage or rock chips to my glass roof either.

Follow-up question: Were you driving your car during the 2 months you waited on Ford to replace the roof? Not sure if I should be concerned that the creaks are telling me that the roof is under intense stress that may eventually crack the glass if I drive it too much.. I plan on reaching out to my dealership tomorrow to see about schedule a visit.

Was able to kind of get a video of the creaking sounds, it's heard most right at the beginning and then again at the end of the clip:

NoVAguy, did you ever get this resolved?

I just had my recall performed and now my pano roof is creaking like yours was. Mine only does it in the morning when it's colder (so, my whole drive to work every day) and sometimes at night.

I just dropped it back off at the dealer that performed the recall but they didn't seem very convinced it was related... I've had it back less than a week. I took multiple videos and recordings like yours but they didn't even want to see them. Hoping it goes okay.

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
NoVAguy, did you ever get this resolved?

I just had my recall performed and now my pano roof is creaking like yours was. Mine only does it in the morning when it's colder (so, my whole drive to work every day) and sometimes at night.

I just dropped it back off at the dealer that performed the recall but they didn't seem very convinced it was related... I've had it back less than a week. I took multiple videos and recordings like yours but they didn't even want to see them. Hoping it goes okay.
Yes!

This was resolved with the recall work. Have t had any noise or creaking coming from the pano glass roof since I've gotten my car back
Sponsored