Panoramic Roof Crack

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Unfortunately this morning when I got in my Mach-E, turned it on, and was about to pull away, I heard a percussive pop. I looked up and I saw this crack.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Panoramic Roof Crack D62B0FE7-6371-4B47-8C62-C08F7D2EE786

I walked out, and this is what I saw.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Panoramic Roof Crack AE3BD888-6E41-4C20-8980-4E413F90051D

Ford Mustang Mach-E Panoramic Roof Crack 7457A19C-FB8B-456E-8657-F8FFA8C6DBAA

Any chance this was spontaneous damage? Unfortunately, it looks like a rock strike or something along those lines?

Total bummer, I gotta see if insurance will cover this without a deducible (if it is even worth submitting, don’t want rates to go up).

Haven’t done the windshield/pano recall yet, I guess might as well have the dealer do those now.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Being that there is a point of impact, I doubt you can get a dealer to cover it. You can give it a shot though, when you take the car in for the recalls. But you may then just be wasting your time, because if they say no, you'll either have to buy it from them or reschedule to after it's repaired.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
Mine was 2 weeks old the FIRST time it cracked and I was able to convince the dealer that it was a warranty issue. Second time it cracked, I filed a glass claim with my insurance company. If you decide to pay out-of-pocket, it's $1,400 for the glass panel.

Reactions: ARK
OP
OP
ARK

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Being that there is a point of impact, I doubt you can get a dealer to cover it. You can give it a shot though, when you take the car in for the recalls. But you may then just be wasting your time, because if they say no, you'll either have to buy it from them or reschedule to after it's repaired.
Is this something that has any shot at repair instead of replacement?