Panoramic roof is not IRR.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Here is the confusion . Why have a panoramic line and a windshield line and talked about IRR on the pano line. IRR should be on the one with the windshield.

Screenshot_2021-05-09 2021 Ford® Mustang Mach-E SUV All-Electric Exhilarating.png
Maybe because the windshield line just addresses the laminated windshield, and the upgrade to IRR corresponds to the upgrade to a glass roof.

If I go to the ice cream shop and order a waffle bowl and chocolate ice cream, I'm not going to expect the waffle bowl to be chocolate as well.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Are you sure there is a legal requirement that it has to be stated on the label? Is anyone familiar with the DOT code? I would honestly be surprised if IRR is something they control.
I am unaware of such a requirement for a glass roof, but maybe it's there somewhere.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Maybe because the windshield line just addresses the laminated windshield, and the upgrade to IRR corresponds to the upgrade to a glass roof.

If I go to the ice cream shop and order a waffle bowl and chocolate ice cream, I'm not going to expect the waffle bowl to be chocolate as well.
Vanilla ice cream with chocolate sprinkles?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I believe an Oxford/Harvard comma is sometimes employed after the penultimate of a series of 3... so not grammatical here.
True. My mistake.

OP
OP
jsteach

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
True. My mistake.
Mark your well learned and highly educated. I really not trying to battle here. There are quite a few of us that really thought that's what it said and using windshield as a relationship to a piece of glass like the roof. No winners or looser here. Just winners , like me.!! I guess everyone should know by now. No IRR in the roof.

MarknKC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I far as I can tell, If only offers some tint quality's. I will be applying Llumar Statos tint tomorrow.
That's how this thead started. My bald head was getting hot.
Please keep me posted as to your results. I too am follicly challenged. Mine is supposed to be built at the end of May. I'm taking it straight from the dealer to the tint shop. I'm getting the front windows done but won't do the roof unless necessary. If it's burning your head it will burn mine too.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Regardless if there is an IRR coating or not, there very much appears that something has been applied, it’s not plain glass. It’s also not just tinted glass, it’s like those eyeglasses that get dark in sunlight and light in darkness, but seemingly to a much greater degree.

I know some people think it’s not enough, but does anyone think there is no sun blocking properties in the pano glass, i.e. anyone think it is basically no better than a $5 pair of sunglasses? Seems really far off from that to me.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
How old? These are both from the June 2020 packaging guide:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Panoramic roof is not IRR. F9E10F45-BB4E-46FE-9FBF-230B30B646B7

Ford Mustang Mach-E Panoramic roof is not IRR. F9E10F45-BB4E-46FE-9FBF-230B30B646B7
Hmm, I just checked and it doesn't look like the front windows are acoustic glass. That helps make the car quieter and actually is something I would like.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
If someone could check the roof with a UV meter..... It would be nice to know.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Regardless if there is an IRR coating or not, there very much appears that something has been applied, it’s not plain glass. It’s also not just tinted glass, it’s like those eyeglasses that get dark in sunlight and light in darkness, but seemingly to a much greater degree.

I know some people think it’s not enough, but does anyone think there is no sun blocking properties in the pano glass, i.e. anyone think it is basically no better than a $5 pair of sunglasses? Seems really far off from that to me.
There’s no question the windows is significantly darkened. It would be good to get some optical readings on the glass.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Hmm, I just checked and it doesn't look like the front windows are acoustic glass. That helps make the car quieter and actually is something I would like.
I checked mine... The front windows have a >PVB< designation (I assume this indicates the polyvinyl butyral acoustic inner layer), while the rear windows do not. And if you roll down the front windows, you should see the laminations.

Front:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Panoramic roof is not IRR. front

Rear:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Panoramic roof is not IRR. rear

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Googling this comes up with results that quote testers, Ford ads, etc., non of which do much more than quoting brochures and press releases.

Consumer reports might touch on this, but I doubt even they dive this deep anymore.
Sponsored