Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
BlueCruise/ParkAssist was optional on GT.
If I would’ve known, I would hv ordered it….SMH

oh well, i like the GTPE power as needed though
I even find Whisper mode is wicked

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
For my wife it is. This feature was a HUGE selling point for her. She has a sever neck injury which prevents her from craning her head around to execute this particular task in a car. Slow or not Its useful for a set of people. I don't need it myself, but I haven't driven the car (still waiting for it) to know how great or poor the visibility is.

On the other hand......
The auto liftgate is worthless on most cars in my opinion. They open far too slow especially if you have a dog or something who likes to jump out. They will squeeze out before you can get a hold of thier leash. I curse this feature on our Honda Pilot as it beeps at a level not needed for human ears. If its 2 am? Yeah... you are waking everyone up...
Sorry to hear about your wife's injury. I am not sure it is safe for her to drive if she isn't able to view her surroundings. Parking is one thing but there are so many other hazards out there just in the normal course of driving where it would be quite dangerous if she isn't able to look around.

xinlitik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Mustang
Country flag
Wrong... It is to make it a 'Buildable Order' is what I was told. They need you to sign it.
I asked my dealer about this and he was completely clueless about it. So either I'll never get a car or that might not be correct

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your wife's injury. I am not sure it is safe for her to drive if she isn't able to view her surroundings. Parking is one thing but there are so many other hazards out there just in the normal course of driving where it would be quite dangerous if she isn't able to look around.
She can see her surroundings. She just can't hold her neck cranked over her shoulder for long periods of time. She is perfectly safe to drive. Quite an assumption you made there. Probably should leave it to medical professionals. Thanks for your concern I guess.

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
I asked my dealer about this and he was completely clueless about it. So either I'll never get a car or that might not be correct
If its already built or scheduled you are probably OK until signing.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If its already built or scheduled you are probably OK until signing.
It may just be your dealer that is preemptively requiring you to sign the form. It pretty clearly says that you’re acknowledging your car “was built” without Active Park Assist, not “will be” built without it.

strangeengine

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE (sold after 2mo - suspension sucks!)
Country flag
Park Assist is only officially removed from builds starting 5/2 and later. Builds now till then should have it, but if they run out of chips the prep kit may get swapped int.
My 4/25 build week GTPE has had Park Assist changed out for the Prep Kit.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
I just talked to my sales guy. This is a requirement for all Mach-E cars affected by this change. Its apparently in his words 'a big deal' so they require a signed AP-prep kit consent letter.

I attached it for you.
These "sales people" are really good at riffing, when I brought this up to my 14 year old sales boy, he had no idea what I was talking about and he went and asked a "manager".. ??‍♂

Mattyice7

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E premium RWD Ext Range
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
My 4/25 build week GTPE has had Park Assist changed out for the Prep Kit.
Also in the 4/25 build week and saw the change occur on Wednesday or Thursday to the prep kit.

whtever

First Name
Bharat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
My idiot dealer is doing the same thing. I did check with Ford and they said my order is in "Compatibility Error" state and they don't have any more information than that. I would be really mad if my order gets delayed because of my adamant dealer.

Waps61

First Name
Waps
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR
Country flag
So, in the US you have your dealers rip you of with the markup, and now Ford whistles the same tune by reimbursing you $325 for the park assist kit, have you sign a paper so you cannot complain and then later on they rip you off and charge $1000 or more for the park assist module.
What a world...... like a drive tru ordering a Big McME.

Well at least you get your OTA updates.....
Sponsored