kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Hi Everyone, so I've been extremely happy with the car ever since i got it a year ago. After the 2.7.4 update i have a new issue. This could be coincidental or related but im leaning more towards related to the update.

When i first start the car and i switch from reverse to drive, the car some reason applies the parking brake in between shifts so itll block me when i try to move forward. It may do this multiple times. I've gone through all the settings and didn't see anything other thsn parking aid which i turned off but still have issues.

So yesterday i thought maybe its part of the auto hold which i have turned off. I tried turning it on and off, but when i tried turning it on i get auto hold error system fault. So now im thinking the update broke the auto hold and is applying the hand brake instead of the brake when switching gears. Anybody else having similar issues.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Try pressing the brake pedal harder when you shift. If you lightly press the pedal it may apply the parking brake in neutral thinking the car may roll.

OP
OP

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nope definitely not it. Tried today. It only happens after the first start. If ive been driving a bit, it wont happen. Im wondering if it might be the speed at which i am reversing or the distance ive travelled in reverse

OP
OP

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just to update everyone. It doesn't only happen when switching gear. I've noticed this also happens just in drive if I haven't passed a certain speed going forward. It's crazy, and very annoying. I don't have time or else I'd bring it to the dealer but this really only started after 2.7.4 unless there is something else causing this.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Do you wear your seat belt or not?

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I get weird parking brake applications too. It’s always done this from new. I shift to drive, hit the accelerator and the park brake comes on momentarily then goes off. Doesn’t happen all the time. Just every once in a while. It’s always done this and I don’t relate it to any update. Dealer did a GSM update but it apparently did not help.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I get weird parking brake applications too. It’s always done this from new. I shift to drive, hit the accelerator and the park brake comes on momentarily then goes off. Doesn’t happen all the time. Just every once in a while. It’s always done this and I don’t relate it to any update. Dealer did a GSM update but it apparently did not help.
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

OP
OP

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The thing is the handbrake doesn't come off when I hit the accelerator I noticed that as soon as I hit the brake without having to switch gear the handbrake comes on. Hitting the accelerator does nothing I'm stuck I have to physically push the button to take off the handbrake

Last edited:
OP
OP

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Now that i think about it. I think the car thinks im parking. The handbrake comes on right after i finish parking so when i first start the car, it thinks im in the middle of a parking procedure. Its definitely a programming issue. It must be domething in the handbrake conditions thats not programmed properly.

OP
OP

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interestingly enough my fordpass shows an error as well "Hill Start assist warning" so multiple errors which explain the handbrake being applied

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.
I’m not taking my car in to the dealer again unless it’s a dire need. I live almost an hour from my dealer and have to arrange a ride to drop off and pick up. I took my car in for the recall last month and fought with the dealer about Ford paying for a rental. The arguing wasn't worth it.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Are your sure its the parking brake? You can hear the motor/actuator running for 1.5 seconds?

OP
OP

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are your sure its the parking brake? You can hear the motor/actuator running for 1.5 seconds?
Yes I'm sure it's the parking brake even the car tells me to take off the parking brake and the Little Red symbol shows up I'm assuming that the hill start is not working so it's uses the handbrake as a safety measure

OP
OP

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm starting to think there might be something wrong with the electronic brake actuator because the auto hold is unavailable the hill start is unavailable and it's applying the handbrake
Sponsored