Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Any way to override what that button does? Feels useless, would be better if it took me straight to the 360 camera when I'm parking.
I agree 100%. It would be great if it was a 1 touch Camera “Parking” button.

OP
OP
ThatGuyLando

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I agree 100%. It would be great if it was a 1 touch Camera “Parking” button.
Heck even a hold to camera, click to current or vice versa would be nice, but as it is I don't think I'll ever touch that button intentionally.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I have never used the button. It wouldn’t do me any good as a camera button in any event, since Ford would not let me buy the 360 cameras. đŸ€·â€â™‚ïžđŸ©

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Even if it only did the reverse camera when the car is stopped for those of us in the cheap seats it is a good idea. When I have something on the hitch platform it is a pain in the butt to get to the camera to check it at lights an such.

Last edited:

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
I used the self-parking feature once when I first got the MME, just to try it. out I have never/will never use it again. Wasted interior real estate.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Maybe it will have a different function for 2023 since park assist has been dropped.
Rear hatch open would be nice.

And yes, I know I can open it from a control burred somewhere in the center controls or from the FordPass app, but a physical button always trumps a computer in my pea-brain.

bobbobman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Country flag
It’s a little sad to me how many people never use the self parking. It’s not very good at perpendicular parking so I guess in more spacious areas it’s probably not very useful, but in the big city where half the time you’re squeezing into a tiny parallel parking space, it’s an all star. It’s gotten me into spots with barely a foot of clearance on either side. Works flawlessly like 98 times out of 100.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
It’s a little sad to me how many people never use the self parking. It’s not very good at perpendicular parking so I guess in more spacious areas it’s probably not very useful, but in the big city where half the time you’re squeezing into a tiny parallel parking space, it’s an all star. It’s gotten me into spots with barely a foot of clearance on either side. Works flawlessly like 98 times out of 100.
You are probably right, but I'm at an age and live in an area where if I can't pull-through park I'm looking elsewhere. :)

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Maybe it will have a different function for 2023 since park assist has been dropped.
OMG - I just read the MY23 order guide. I had no idea how badly the vehicle has been decontrnted. They may as well rebrand it the Fiesta Mach E 😱

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I like it in the city, my only issue is that, in Philadelphia, if you’re not IMMEDIATELY maneuvering into a parking spot, the moron behind you has pulled directly up to your bumper, so forget about backing into the spot. People here are aggressive idiots about parking spaces.

ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I like it in the city, my only issue is that, in Philadelphia, if you’re not IMMEDIATELY maneuvering into a parking spot, the moron behind you has pulled directly up to your bumper, so forget about backing into the spot. People here are aggressive idiots about parking spaces.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Parking Button giphy (2)

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
I have yet to try it in 6 months, but now I have to! I need an excuse to go downtown to find a spot!

PA Bob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD SB
Country flag
I have to say, I haven't used it in my car which I got 9 mo ago. I made a point of using it 2-3 times at the dealer with their car. I'm glad I did it that way because it scared the sh!!t about of me. It goes a bit faster than i would AND it pulls up closer than I would. The salesman had me park between his Explorer and the boss's new Mustang GT which showed a lot of confidence in the car's ability to park.
Sponsored