figmentsas

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang Eco Vert, 2021 MachE Premium ER-AWD
Country flag
I was thinking of taking the family on a day trip into NYC one of these weekends. Just wondering if anyone has recommendations on where to park? I found a self parking garage (Delancey and Essex). Does anyone know of other self parking garages midtown/uptown? I'm fine with street parking, though I am a little worried about a parking attendant garage with the MachE. Or maybe I am overthinking. Thanks.
Sponsored

ryoustra

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
This doesn't answer your question directly, but depending on where you're coming from, it might in fact be easier to park in NJ at a garage right near the PATH station. We've often stayed at the Courtyard Jersey City Newport, and the independent self-park garage is adjacent. Train into Manhattan is pretty quick, or the ferry would be a nice visual treat for the family too.

Pre-covid, driving into and within Manhattan was often a bear so I rarely drove in. Things might not yet be back to that "old" normal...

bkboygenius

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME FE
Occupation
IT Security
Country flag
There's a self park lot on 31st between 7th and 8th, but get there early, it fills up quickly and then becomes "valet only".

Things in Manhattan seem to be *worse* than pre-COVID, regarding traffic and crime.

Sleep7

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Doctor
Country flag
I was thinking of taking the family on a day trip into NYC one of these weekends. Just wondering if anyone has recommendations on where to park? I found a self parking garage (Delancey and Essex). Does anyone know of other self parking garages midtown/uptown? I'm fine with street parking, though I am a little worried about a parking attendant garage with the MachE. Or maybe I am overthinking. Thanks.
There is self parking at Lincoln Center. I park there unless I get a great spot in front of my building.

OP
OP

figmentsas

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for all the great information. This past weekend, I ended up parking at that Municipal Parking garage at Delancey and Essex. Not bad prices ($8 first hour, $3 subsequent hours), we stayed 6 hours for $23. Received a lot of stares driving the MachE in lower Manhattan.

OP
OP

figmentsas

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Made another trip to Manhattan yesterday. This time parked at 123 Baxter Street, which is an automated garage. Garage door opens, one drives in, park, turn off engine, lock the door, walk to the kiosk, answer questions to ensure you got everything from the car. Garage door closes, and from a camera you can view where you car is being automatically parked. Pretty cool....except:
1) it looked like my car alarm kept tripping (from the camera I can see my car lights flashing). it must be the motion of moving the car (this occurred when dropping off and picking up car)
2) cost. maybe I missed something. I thought they had a weekend special for $21. I only parked for 4 hrs 15 minutes, but I ended up paying $46! There was no person around, so I couldn't ask questions.

Oh well. Location is very close to Chinatown/Little Italy, but not worth the money or alarm tripping.
Sponsored