agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The front center part of my roof shattered starting at the front edge above the Ford symbol and going back in a fan about 15" or so and about 20" wide in different directions. It hasn't broken through into the stuff around the rear view mirror yet, but it's real weird. Not sure how my dealer will even begin to replace this. If it was hit by something it's news to me. I didn't hear anything hit it, but who knows. Starting to think glass roofs are a bad idea. Sad though. :(

Ford Mustang Mach-E Part of My Roof Shattered / Cracked IMG_0765
Sponsored

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
The front center part of my roof shattered starting at the front edge above the Ford symbol and going back in a fan about 15" or so and about 20" wide in different directions. It hasn't broken through into the stuff around the rear view mirror yet, but it's real weird. Not sure how my dealer will even begin to replace this. If it was hit by something it's news to me. I didn't hear anything hit it, but who knows. Starting to think glass roofs are a bad idea. Sad though. :(

Ford Mustang Mach-E Part of My Roof Shattered / Cracked 1615595729548
Geez sorry, bro that sucks. Yeah, it's a contact hit something smacked it.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
1. It's under warranty.
2. Were you one of the noisy roof people? Curiosity is all, not imply any sort of link at all. Correlation does not equal causation.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Part of My Roof Shattered / Cracked 1615595729548
I didn’t know the roof glass is under warranty, learn something every day.

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
There are smaller marks and more smaller cracks other than that main crack around other cracks not attached to that fan shaped crack, so I suspect they will try to say something hit it. But if it did, then it would have had to have been a big hot that I would have heard unless soemthing fell out of the sky when I was parked somewhere. Unlikley, still, I suspect they will try to blame me.

No wind noise.

I have a GT on order too and I am really wondering if I should just stick with the stock roof. The glass does open the feel of the interior nicely. What a bummer.. Hope it doesn't open up on me, or get worse while I am awaiting parts from Mexico. Now I sort of know how the 12 volt guys felt.

ArtyMachy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021 Select AWD
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I hope this doesn't become a thing...
It is a thing for Teslas...... and that is why I went with Select. I didn't to be a glass roof tester for Ford.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
There are smaller marks and more smaller cracks other than that main crack around other cracks not attached to that fan shaped crack, so I suspect they will try to say something hit it. But if it did, then it would have had to have been a big hot that I would have heard unless soemthing fell out of the sky when I was parked somewhere. Unlikley, still, I suspect they will try to blame me.

No wind noise.
Even if they did try to blame you, that's what comprehensive coverage pays for. I don't think that'll be the case anyway. Super sorry to see this, man.

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Looks like there is a ledge from the frame to the glass. If so-why would it not be flush or even slightly sunken in so rocks don't hit it. I hope this is not a regular thing with this design!!

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
It is a thing for Teslas...... and that is why I went with Select. I didn't to be a glass roof tester for Ford.
This is a huge fear of mine. I WISH my Mach-E didn't have the glass roof. But alas, I do not live in Europe so I can't have Extended Range with a steel roof, so I had to get glass. :(

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
This is a huge fear of mine. I WISH my Mach-E didn't have the glass roof. But alas, I do not live in Europe so I can't have Extended Range with a steel roof, so I had to get glass. :(
How have you been doing with your car? Don't mean to highjack the thread but werent you the one having a ton of issues, then the "rough ride"?

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Seems like the European version has more option that the US. I only knew of the heated windshield, and Ford brand hitch for bikes.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
This was exactly what I was afraid of when we were discussing the leading edge of the roof being about 1/8 inch higher than windshield.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Sorry that this happened... hope this is due something like a strong hit and not an internal crack that just opened up. It just sucks as the wait for replacement part is probably long.
Sponsored