Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Looks to me how something hit it in the front. Looks like spider cracks. Your insurance should cover it.

kutcht

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e premium
Country flag
Well it happens to me as well. Same place and situation. No blunt damage. It’s looks like stress. It was hot here in Texas this pass week

Ford Mustang Mach-E Part of My Roof Shattered / Cracked C5E9BDEF-64C8-4765-A359-EB22D093A138

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
wow same spot.

Now I really want Ford to look at this further for god's sake... ugg

Anyway, mine is installed and is going over to the service department now for a lock problem. So I'll probably see it this evening to see how well they aligned the glass and windshield area as well as the rear. Nervous to look at it.

Last edited:

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
I will definitely be applying 3M glass protection film on my new roof so that there’s no question in the future about whether or not there’s a defect if it should happen to crack again.

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Dealer will send to Ford but insists it's not a Ford problem. I expeceted no less. Dealers are not buyers advocates. I don't have the time or energy to fight this battle, so I'll let it go. But I can tell you that there is a huge difference in the way a high end luxury car manufacturer and dealer treat you, and then Ford and it's dealers. Not Apples to Apples I have reminded myself. Not sure where I would place Tesla in that. Probably along side of Ford or maybe a little lower. Oh well..

bottom line, this pano roof is rediculously fragile and I will avoid on any GT order for sure.

Last edited:
OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The repair looks as good as it did before on a quick once over. They actually seemed to have done a good job. Nothing inside looks loose or crooked. I'll have to look closer at the seal in daylight. I tghink the key is having the glass people install the roof after the dealer body shop removes the trim. Oh and telling them that you are really picky about the evenness of the final appearance. ;)

Last edited:

Sobeer

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FE MME
Country flag
Update - NOT HAPPY
The dealer has had my car for 21 days so far. I received a call from the case manager that the car should be done on April 5. She then called me back to let me know that the glass never came in, and she can NOT get any answers to when the new glass roof should arrive. She said that it is a special order and could not get any information about the arrival of the new glass. This makes so sense to me that they can not call up the place that accepted the order of the replacement glass and find out an eta. I let my case agent know that I am not happy with all of this, she informed me that I would need to call and make a formal complaint. When I tried this the new lady said that she would pass on the information to my case representative. So frustrating!!!

kutcht

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e premium
Country flag
Well update on mine. Just got call from Ford body shop that Ford denied claim. I said I thought you guys told them it was stress and she said yes there is no visible signs of impact. But Ford denied and best for me to call them directly. So frustrating.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
I haven't hear back yet from the dealer, but these stories aren't looking to be in my favor.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those scenarios that in the beginning, Ford will be denying them and you'll have to pay for the repair or use insurance. After a while there will be a TSB or even a recall for it, and they'll reimburse you for the cost at that time.

One of my earlier fusions had an issue where the interior door handles would break after about a year. I had to replace a few of them out of pocket, but then they finally accepted it was an issue and you sent them your bill for old repairs and they'd reimburse you.

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
If they had to admit a design problem, then they have a big problem. That would be their last resort. As it is, they likely hope this stays in small numbers.

By the way, my glass took about a little over week to get from Mexico to Maryland once ordered.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If they had to admit a design problem, then they have a big problem. That would be their last resort. As it is, they likely hope this stays in small numbers.

By the way, my glass took about a little over week to get from Mexico to Maryland once ordered.
While this could be a design problem, it hasn't affected most owners. Instead, it is more likely that it is an installation problem just like the wind noise issue.
Sponsored