Pay off entire ford credit balance online?

Fold88

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A
Occupation
A
Country flag
Hello all, I know I can make my monthly payments online, but I can’t figure out how to pay off the entire remaining balance online. Anyone know if this can be done? Thanks!
Sponsored

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Just email or call Ford credit, they are very responsive, they will provide a payoff quote and give you guidance on paying. Through FordPass and Ford Credit it allows you to pay a payment and any added principle. If you know your balance, just pay it off that way…… you can even make them out of sequence.

Last edited:

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Hello all, I know I can make my monthly payments online, but I can’t figure out how to pay off the entire remaining balance online. Anyone know if this can be done? Thanks!
Sign into Account Manager to get your payoff amount.

Or call 1-800-727-7000 Monday-Friday, 7AM - 8PM CT and Saturday 7AM – 5PM CT

Payoffs are to be mailed to the following address:

Ford Credit
P.O. Box 650574
Dallas, TX 75265-0574

If you wish to send any payment overnight, please use the following physical address:

Ford Motor Credit
P.O. Box 650574
1501 North Plano Road
Suite 100
Richardson, TX 75081

OP
OP

Fold88

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A
Occupation
A
Country flag
Thanks. I will call tomorrow, but any idea if it can just be a personal check? Thanks.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
You could also pay most of it off online yourself. And then the last bill will come. At that point you’ll pay the final $100 or so. With the low principal balance for the final bill, the interest will be minimal and you don’t have to spend the time to work with a person from Ford Credit.

This is what I did.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Thanks. I will call tomorrow, but any idea if it can just be a personal check? Thanks.
Yes but it will take longer to clear the check before your lien release or title is sent to you.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Are you paying off a recent purchase? If so, why pay it off since your investment potential is greater then your interest rate?

You can get your payoff amount by going on ford.com and there you will be able to initiate an ACH payment.

OP
OP

Fold88

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A
Occupation
A
Country flag
Thanks. I'm planning on selling my current model and getting a new one next week.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
When a Vroom paid off mine, I wanted the difference applied to my new one’s note. I called a day or two after they “received” the payment via FedEx tracking. I had all the tracking info if needed, and I did need it later on. The Ford Credit person gave me my new car account number, we made the move of any balance to the new car, when they applied the payoff and I thought that was it. I patiently waited. Then 5 days later on a Sunday Morning, yes a Sunday Morning, I got a call from that Ford Credit person following up and asking for the Fed Ex tracking information for the check that was delivered the prior Tuesday. Then on Monday/Tuesday I found my loan paid and balance moved to the new loan. Vroom called later that week to schedule a pick up.

The moral of the story, send in the payment with tracking and signature confirmation or pay it electronically if possible. Best of luck and Enjoy your new car. And follow up with a phone call.

Last edited:

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
The moral of the story, send in the payment with tracking and signature confirmation or pay it electronically if possible. Best of luck and Enjoy your new car.
Always pay electronically through the Ford Credit website. This will eliminate the communication, tracking and follow-up necessary with a check payment.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So can you call for a final pay off amount, and pay that amount online?
I believe it shows the payoff amount online, there is no reason to call. Once paid (since the payoff amount assumes a date range), you'll likely get a small refund and the title gets mailed to you, or if you have it and it has the lien on it, they mail you a letter releasing the lien.

OnceYouGo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD, Job 1
Country flag
I'm curious if you ever figured this out. When I go online to pay off. All I can pay off is the principal amount. It throws up an air saying you need to use "other payment" option if you want to pay off the loan entirely. I can't find the other payment option.

Their virtual chat assistant can't answer you. When you ask to connect to an agent it says it'll take 2 minutes and then it says there's no agents available and boots you.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'm curious if you ever figured this out. When I go online to pay off. All I can pay off is the principal amount. It throws up an air saying you need to use "other payment" option if you want to pay off the loan entirely. I can't find the other payment option.

Their virtual chat assistant can't answer you. When you ask to connect to an agent it says it'll take 2 minutes and then it says there's no agents available and boots you.
I believe that happens when you are too close to the payment date. You can cancel Automatic payments, and it MIGHT then give you the ability to pay it off.
Sponsored