Performance before and after the recall fix?

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
Has anyone here (especially with a GT) done Draggy or drag strip runs just before the update then run it again after to see if there was a decrease in performance?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Has anyone here (especially with a GT) done Draggy or drag strip runs just before the update then run it again after to see if there was a decrease in performance?
It is well documented that no one has noticed any performance changes. If the condition is experienced, then messages come up and such, but otherwise, no performance changes.

OP
OP

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
It is well documented that no one has noticed any performance changes. If the condition is experienced, then messages come up and such, but otherwise, no performance changes.
Please point me to said well documented data....something with test numbers, not just, "I dont feel a difference" comments.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Please point me to said well documented data....something with test numbers, not just, "I dont feel a difference" comments.
Never used the word "data". Multiple people have reported no performance difference. Perhaps you can accumulate and then publish said data?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Some people will defend Ford to no end with no proof of their claims. I'm not saying that there's any difference or not, but there's many people who asked for Draggy Data and no one has yet to provide it - that I've seen.

I honestly don't think the software does anything to the day-to-day driving and performance, I think it just monitors the HVBJB and will trip when it detects something and then of course you have no performance at all.

I agree with you that it would be nice to get someone who has Draggy data pre-recall to do a comparison post-recall. I just don't think we've seen that yet. I too would love to know with concrete data.

Last edited:

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag

Can you point me to that documentation, please?

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
I am in the camp of Select AWD and I swear it feels faster! Nothing documented to support before or after, but it does feel a bit more. Definitely my first time pulling out of the driveway something was different, mild acceleration and my car was all over the road, although that felt more like the AWD or traction control acting wonky, and was only the first time I accelerated after the update.

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag

I am still waiting for that documentation of what you stated, can you please point me there? I wanted to see the lap times, 0-60 times, charging times, etc... I am hoping all those metrics are in whatever documentation/reports you saw.

Thank you in advance.

OP
OP

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
Never used the word "data". Multiple people have reported no performance difference. Perhaps you can accumulate and then publish said data?
Ah, you are right. You only said that people sharing their opinions is well documented. But you said that in a respaonse to my request for dragstrip/draggy numbers which is hard data.
It is what it is at this point. The performance without the update is sad enough for me not to try to have fun with many cars on the road. A tad slower isnt gonna make that worse, so now its more of a curiosity. When all the held-back truths about the GT, Im not likely to be a repeat Ford EV buyer. At the very least, I would wait a couple of years after a new release to give a chance for the facts to fall out.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Ah, you are right. You only said that people sharing their opinions is well documented. But you said that in a respaonse to my request for dragstrip/draggy numbers which is hard data.
It is what it is at this point. The performance without the update is sad enough for me not to try to have fun with many cars on the road. A tad slower isnt gonna make that worse, so now its more of a curiosity. When all the held-back truths about the GT, Im not likely to be a repeat Ford EV buyer. At the very least, I would wait a couple of years after a new release to give a chance for the facts to fall out.
Even with draggy data itā€™s going to be real hard to tell if there is a difference.

Way too many variables. Same car, same road, same weather, same state of charge, same dayā€¦ā€¦ and you can have a .3 second variance in back to back 0-60
Runs.

Best data I have with my GTPE: before and after recall, it spins the tires at launch and again around 25 mph. Gray bars donā€™t seem to show up any more or less.

As far as hard data goes, forget draggy, where are our DYNOs???

Seriously. 10 months and not a single Dyno for a GT?? Only saw one person try 10 months ago and they couldnā€™t get the crash avoidance turned off.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT
Country flag
I have a Dragy run of our GT earlier this year, but no recall yet. I'll try to do another after recall. 0-60 sans rollout was 3.82, exactly as Ford advertised. Real 0-60 is 4.21.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I have a good amount of Dragy runs on our 4X, not a GT, but Iā€™m still curious. The 22S41 just hit yesterday so Iā€™m going to get some post-software recall runs in to see how they compare. Pre-recall bests were 4.64 0-60mph (w/1ft roll out), [email protected] 1/8th mile, and [email protected] 1/4 mile. But, overall the avg. is 4.9, 8.7@83, and 13.6@103.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Some people will defend Ford to no end with no proof of their claims. I'm not saying that there's any difference or not, but there's many people who asked for Draggy Data and no one has yet to provide it - that I've seen.

I honestly don't think the software does anything to the day-to-day driving and performance, I think it just monitors the HVBJB and will trip when it detects something and then of course you have no performance at all.

I agree with you that it would be nice to get someone who has Draggy data pre-recall to do a comparison post-recall. I just don't think we've seen that yet. I too would love to know with concrete data.
Soā€¦
I had the recall done a couple weeks ago. Havenā€™t really been driving much but brought my car to a job site because a couple coworkers down in this part of the state wanted to see. I took them each on a quick show-off ride and here I am, back in the forum looking for whether anyone else feels like the launch is off. Not anywhere near the immediate hard g forces of a few weeks ago.

Iā€™ve got my dragy with my and will try to grab some data in the morning. ( not that it will mean too much as I was last messing with dragy in may when it was 30Ā° in the mornings. )

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Soā€¦
I had the recall done a couple weeks ago. Havenā€™t really been driving much but brought my car to a job site because a couple coworkers down in this part of the state wanted to see. I took them each on a quick show-off ride and here I am, back in the forum looking for whether anyone else feels like the launch is off. Not anywhere near the immediate hard g forces of a few weeks ago.

Iā€™ve got my dragy with my and will try to grab some data in the morning.
If it's 0-60 I think there's a ton of pre-recall data on the internet to support mostly 3.8ish times. It should be easy to figure out if that changed. I has no car because mine blew up otherwise I would go out and test it.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
If it's 0-60 I think there's a ton of pre-recall data on the internet to support mostly 3.8ish times. It should be easy to figure out if that changed. I has no car because mine blew up otherwise I would go out and test it.
Just ā€œseat of the pantsā€ it feels suddenly slow.. šŸ¢
Sponsored