Performance Measuring Technology

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Really a question for the insiders. Does anyone know if the Mach-E will be able to measure 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc like the Dragy device does? I think Tesla has something in it's system.
Sponsored

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Really a question for the insiders. Does anyone know if the Mach-E will be able to measure 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc like the Dragy device does? I think Tesla has something in it's system.
The Powertrain Controller of most vehicles will act as an airplane "black box", so yes, internally that data is there, but it is not publically available. You might notice all the Telsa Autopilot crash stories always include some data about how fast the driver was going, etc. This was extracted from "black box" type data. Tesla didn't invent that, they learned it from the other automakers, who learned it from the airline industry.

Insurance companies have these small devices they will attach to the OBDII port (small electrical connector under the steering column), and they collect a limited set of this data. This is advertised as a way to lower your insurance rate... but you are basically giving the insurance company a way to track all of your movements, plus how many times you do "0-60" trials :D.

OP
OP
KAustin

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
The Powertrain Controller of most vehicles will act as an airplane "black box", so yes, internally that data is there, but it is not publically available. You might notice all the Telsa Autopilot crash stories always include some data about how fast the driver was going, etc. This was extracted from "black box" type data. Tesla didn't invent that, they learned it from the other automakers, who learned it from the airline industry.

Insurance companies have these small devices they will attach to the OBDII port (small electrical connector under the steering column), and they collect a limited set of this data. This is advertised as a way to lower your insurance rate... but you are basically giving the insurance company a way to track all of your movements, plus how many times you do "0-60" trials :D.
Thanks. That's why I have stayed away from giving them that access.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
hmm. The dead-dino Mustangs have "track apps" in the dashboard that do this kind of stuff without anything extra needed. I may know someone who has used some of them in a rental car. Not me, but a friend. Yeah, a friend.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Performance Measuring Technology 1601499801304
Sponsored