Permanent Valet Mode Banner?

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
So tonight I decided to try out valet mode, to see how that works when you don't have an actual physical key to give to a valet..

It's actually pretty neat. It generates a temporary code to use for the door and to start the car. It also displays instructions on the screen for the valet driver.

But now I have a banner that won't go away in my Ford Pass app ?. I've definitely exited valet mode in the car but it's still there. Anybody else encounter this?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Permanent Valet Mode Banner? Screenshot_20210910-001503_FordPass
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I suspect that banner will remain until you delete that code.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
So tonight I decided to try out valet mode, to see how that works when you don't have an actual physical key to give to a valet..

It's actually pretty neat. It generates a temporary code to use for the door and to start the car. It also displays instructions on the screen for the valet driver.

But now I have a banner that won't go away in my Ford Pass app ?. I've definitely exited valet mode in the car but it's still there. Anybody else encounter this?
the banner technically says that it was put into valet mode at some time, not necessarily that it is now in valet mode. ("has been created") yes, that's picky and a bit silly to point out, but this is the kind of tunnel vision developers sometimes have.

anyway, it's been a while and many FordPass releases ago when I last did this, so I can't say for sure, but if you go into the Account view, and go into the Message Center (where there's theoretically an unread message according to your picture, assuming it's not a ghost message), find the Valet Code message that is in theory in there, and delete it, does that remove the home screen notification?

djjerv91

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER Infinite Blue
Country flag
I have had this happen as well. It eventually just went away after driving a few times. Not really sure if I did something to make it go away but it did.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Huh, yeah... I guess I'll just have to wait.. the code automatically is deleted when you exit valet mode on the car. And that is, indeed,a ghost notification you're seeing.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
SHOCKED the FordPass app isn't updating something! lol

Good to hear the Valet experience was easy though...haven't had to valet mine just yet. Did the valet understand it easy enough? They just wrote down the code?

Edit: Also, it would be nice for valet mode to basically put the car in a "limp mode" of sorts. Like it limits the vehicle to 25mph and alerts your phone if it drives more than a mile away. The paranoid among us (myself included) would appreciate that!

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
SHOCKED the FordPass app isn't updating something! lol

Good to hear the Valet experience was easy though...haven't had to valet mine just yet. Did the valet understand it easy enough? They just wrote down the code?
So I didn't ACTUALLY valet the car. I just tried it myself.

And I should give a little more detail. I thought it was neat, but I am still on the fence if I'll actually use it without the physical key.

The instructions were clear, but to someone who is just trying to hurry and park the car I could see it being frustrating.

It gives you a 7 digit code formatted like this. *****-**. You have to enter the first 5 on the door to open it. Then enter the full code on the screen when you get in. Not difficult per-se, but you definitely need to read the instructions carefully. Which I don't trust people to do.

Just another nail in the coffin too is when you get in, it doesn't immediately ask for the valet code to start the car. Just like using the normal backup password, you have to attempt to start it without a key first. Again, not difficult, but not really intuitive either

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
I find the valet mode to be not very practical. I don't like valeting in general (I once had a valet wreck my car), and I certainly don't trust them to be able to figure out a new code entering system they're not familiar with on the fly with cars backed up behind me at a busy restaurant or something. FOB is the only way.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I can count on one hand the number of times I've let a valet park my car in 45 years of driving. Then again, I was a valet long ago... ???

• Haha
Reactions: n0n

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
So I didn't ACTUALLY valet the car. I just tried it myself.

And I should give a little more detail. I thought it was neat, but I am still on the fence if I'll actually use it without the physical key.

The instructions were clear, but to someone who is just trying to hurry and park the car I could see it being frustrating.

It gives you a 7 digit code formatted like this. *****-**. You have to enter the first 5 on the door to open it. Then enter the full code on the screen when you get in. Not difficult per-se, but you definitely need to read the instructions carefully. Which I don't trust people to do.

Just another nail in the coffin too is when you get in, it doesn't immediately ask for the valet code to start the car. Just like using the normal backup password, you have to attempt to start it without a key first. Again, not difficult, but not really intuitive either
If you're going to valet the car somewhere, just bring one of your two fobs. Easier*. ;)

* Well, except for the two fobs part of fob.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Yeahhh...seems like I'll just be using a fob for valeting for now.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Permanent Valet Mode Banner? Screenshot_20210910-001503_FordPass
If the audio stays off, the the car is in valet mode. Using FordPass press lock (hold down) and then unlock (hold down) which tells the car you’re in control with PaaK.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
If the audio stays off, the the car is in valet mode. Using FordPass press lock (hold down) and then unlock (hold down) which tells the car you’re in control with PaaK.
Oh I'm not in valet mode anymore. Tried that trick anyway, all it did was lock the car though. Still have the banner ??