billc58

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT PE, 2019 F350 Platinum
Country flag
I want to compile the tips and tricks spread throughout the forums for faking Pet Mode.
  • Leave the ignition on so the A/C works.
  • Disable the auto shutdown to avoid everything turning off in 30 minutes. This setting is not sticky, so must be done every time.
  • Disable the internal sensors to avoid the pet setting off the alarms. This setting is not sticky, so must be done every time. (Not needed if car is left on).
  • Play some music, maybe the Eagles. This is optional, but might prove to others that the A/C is on.
  • Put up a sign letting others know that the car is in Pet Mode.
  • Leave and lock the doors.
Improvements to the list would be greatly appreciated.

Before the tread fills up with complaints, yes Ford, you should put out Pet Mode like Tesla and Rivian.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Be careful... Many reports on this forum that the vehicle power down timer is broken/unreliable along with the internal sensor disablement.

Cited Cited

You might have a dead dog after 30 minutes. I haven't tested it but I'm sure others can chime in if it was resolved.

Now, if someone figures out how to enable "police mode" using FORScan we might have a solution.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ARK

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I thought System of a Down was what the pets were listening to these days?

I'd actually embed the YouTube video like all the Kool Kids do, but I can't figure out how 😦

OP
OP
billc58

billc58

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Be careful... Many reports on this forum that the vehicle power down timer is broken/unreliable along with the internal sensor disablement.

Cited Cited

You might have a dead dog after 30 minutes. I haven't tested it but I'm sure others can chime in if it was resolved.

Now, if someone figures out how to enable "police mode" using FORScan we might have a solution.
I have tested the above settings, first in my garage, running the car for over 30 minutes and a few times on the road and I have been 100% successful.

I think the problem is that when you run the car, the auto shutdown resets to "on" and so do the internal sensors. So, every time you want to run Pet Mode, you must remember to set both: Auto shutdown off and internal sensors off. The reminder for turning off internal sensors only pops up if you turn off the car, which you don't do if running Pet Mode.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I have tested the above settings, first in my garage, running the car for over 30 minutes and a few times on the road and I have been 100% successful.

I think the problem is that when you run the car, the auto shutdown resets to "on" and so do the internal sensors. So, every time you want to run Pet Mode, you must remember to set both: Auto shutdown off and internal sensors off. The reminder for turning off internal sensors only pops up if you turn off the car, which you don't do if running Pet Mode.
Why do you have to turn off the motion sensors if you’re leaving the car on?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Excellent point! I will delete that!
It might actually be advantageous to leave the motion sensors on. That way if the car does inadvertently get turned off, the pets will alert somebody by setting off the alarm. That’s probably better than the alternative.

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
I've never had the car shut down when the auto shutdown is disabled. Moreover, i got a wifi temp sensor that connects to the car's wifi, so i know the temp in the car at all times when the doggo is in there.

Police Mode is called Silent Mode now, but I'm not sure if it has any benifits to the engine shutdown. I haven't tested it for that. It just keeps all the lighting from turning on when you unlock.

On the F150, if you remove the auto engine shutdown option from the IPC, it disables it and the engine will run forever. I do need to test this.

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I want to compile the tips and tricks spread throughout the forums for faking Pet Mode.
  • Leave the ignition on so the A/C works.
  • Disable the auto shutdown to avoid everything turning off in 30 minutes. This setting is not sticky, so must be done every time.
  • Disable the internal sensors to avoid the pet setting off the alarms. This setting is not sticky, so must be done every time. (Not needed if car is left on).
  • Play some music, maybe the Eagles. This is optional, but might prove to others that the A/C is on.
  • Put up a sign letting others know that the car is in Pet Mode.
  • Leave and lock the doors.
Improvements to the list would be greatly appreciated.

Before the tread fills up with complaints, yes Ford, you should put out Pet Mode like Tesla and Rivian.
@billc58 @i8iridium Just to clarify your recommendations: When you say "leave the ignition on", do you mean leave the car on or the ignition switch in full accessory mode?

I've discovered that if I leave the car on, I cannot use the key fob to lock the car from the outside. I haven't tried that after leaving the car in full accessory mode.

Last edited:
OP
OP
billc58

billc58

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@billc58 @i8iridium Just to clarify your recommendations: When you say "leave the ignition on", do you mean leave the car on or the ignition switch in full accessory mode?

I've discovered that if I leave the car on, I cannot use the key fob to lock the car from the outside. I haven't tried that after leaving the car in full accessory mode.
I lock the door using the buttons on the inside of the door.

Accessory mode, as I understand things, does not run the A/C (or heater).
Sponsored