Phone as a Key - Unlock doors upon Approach?

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Help me understand what you are saying here. When you approach the car with fob or PaaK does the little white ring around the door pillar button light up? When you press the button does the door pop open?

If the answer is yes, the door is unlocking. If you have to press unlock on the fob the car is malfunctioning.
No and no. I have to press unlock on the Fob. It is not enough for me to bother to bring it in to have someone look at it but I am starting to feel some frustration with the quality of the vehicle.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hard to get it fixed if you don't bring it in ?‍♂.
I don't have any faith in the dealership I bought the car from. The 'ev expert' didn't configure fordpass very well, I could not charge at a public charge station until I went home and finished the fordpass configuration. When i called about the charging the service guy said plug it in here, and of course it charged this wasn't a public dc charger that needed the credit card info, but their answer was there is no problem with charging. So the Ford dealer was pretty clueless and not at all helpful. Healy Ford don't want to sell EVs.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't have any faith in the dealership I bought the car from. The 'ev expert' didn't configure fordpass very well, I could not charge at a public charge station until I went home and finished the fordpass configuration. When i called about the charging the service guy said plug it in here, and of course it charged this wasn't a public dc charger that needed the credit card info, but their answer was there is no problem with charging. So the Ford dealer was pretty clueless and not at all helpful. Healy Ford don't want to sell EVs.
I had to activate my phone and set it up as a key also. My sales guy had no clue and because of the times last Feburary I told him not to worry I got this. When I had problems I got transferred to the service manager and a whole new experience. They work with Ford and upload software to your vehicle as directed. How hard can it be.

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I had to activate my phone and set it up as a key also. My sales guy had no clue and because of the times last Feburary I told him not to worry I got this. When I had problems I got transferred to the service manager and a whole new experience. They work with Ford and upload software to your vehicle as directed. How hard can it be.
The sales guy didn't configure it, the 'EV expert' did. All I want is enough information documented so that I can figure out if a known issue for which I can bring the car in will resolve something I am seeing. I do software support and I am generally pretty good with problem determination.

I sure don't want to depend on the dealership to help me.

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
How about one quick push on the fob opens the trunk
...............................................................................................................................
holding down the same key for three seconds opens the frunk

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
No and no. I have to press unlock on the Fob. It is not enough for me to bother to bring it in to have someone look at it but I am starting to feel some frustration with the quality of the vehicle.
It’s an easy fix at your dealer.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know if there is a way to turn off unlock on approach regardless of key type and just have it be locked or unlocked by the buttons on the fob?

Goober96

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E4X, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 2008 Corvette
Country flag
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know if there is a way to turn off unlock on approach regardless of key type and just have it be locked or unlocked by the buttons on the fob?
It doesn’t “unlock on approach“; it unlocks when the button on the door is pressed if the fob or PaaK is in the vicinity.

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
It doesn’t “unlock on approach“; it unlocks when the button on the door is pressed if the fob or PaaK is in the vicinity.
I mean for my worries/intents, this is one and the same. Someone could theoretically open my car just because I'm within X feet of the car even if I personally have no intention of unlocking my car. I'd prefer to have to push a button that is always on my person to tell the car to unlock. But I guess I'll just have to get used to this.
Sponsored