PC MachE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD standard battery
Country flag
This seems to be a problem with the iphone losing connection with the car that resulted in me having to use my backup password to start the vehicle.

I've had the car for about 6 weeks and I’ve been using phone as key. I’ve gotten used to dealing with the quirks and the occasional keypad entry to open the door, but totally lost the connection to my phone when I stopped at the neighborhood mailboxes. I left the phone untouched on the charger when I got out but got a “No key detected” alert and it wouldn’t reconnect when I got back in 30 seconds later. I had to enter my backup password to start the car (glad I made a point to memorize it before I stopped carrying the fob, otherwise would have been stuck). I’ve also noticed that CarPlay drops out briefly in this spot, but never like this, and I stop at the same spot most days. When using CarPlay, my music briefly stops several times (for 1-2 seconds) on a ½ mile section on my daily commute, and at one point often completely loses connection and restarts. No obvious source of interference in this rural/suburban spot but it happens almost every time. Has anyone else had something similar happen?
Sponsored

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have to have the screen on a lot to get the phone to open the door.

BradCA

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Lexus CT200h
Country flag
Phone as a key opens the door for me almost every time, but also almost every time, I have to use my password to start the car. I get a message saying “key not detected.“
Sponsored