Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
so.... I took delivery today... phone paired fine, pulled all my contacts in, I set up 'phone as key'.... I thought.

It does NOT work. I put the Fob inside, went back out to garage w phone... MME does not recognize phone as Key. I could get in using door numbers, but could not start. MME would not recognize phone as key despite seeing it for phone functions. I have android, samsung j7-v, which is not that old...

anybody else?
solutions?
Sponsored

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
If you read through the various threads you will see this is a common problem some people are having. There are several potential fixes you could try including:

1) Rebooting Sync 4: (Hold down the volume down toggle, and the right-seek button on the steering wheel for a few seconds. )

2) Removing the PAAK and trying to add it again

3) Removing the vehicle from Fordpass and then re-adding it and your phone.

Personally I gave up as I carry the KeyFob anyway but now that Android Auto is fixed I may mess with it again.

Good Luck!

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
If you read through the various threads you will see this is a common problem some people are having. There are several potential fixes you could try including:

1) Rebooting Sync 4: (Hold down the volume down toggle, and the right-seek button on the steering wheel for a few seconds. )

Personally I gave up as I carry the KeyFob anyway but now that Android Auto is fixed I may mess with it again.

Good Luck!

I read thru a couple threads, but did not extract a concise process to fix... I will try these steps today and post results. Is there a particular update for the Android Auto that needs to be downloaded/updated? I'm wondering if you can tell by version number like a software update..... ?

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
6.1.* is good. 6.0.* is bad.
so.... between you comment and the image in previous post.... I am thinking I have missed a major step in setting up 'Android Auto'.

Is this an app I pre-load on my Phone in addition to FordPass?
and THEN configure in the MME?

There was no documented 'quick-start' guide followed at Delivery, I just did what the Salesperson said, and I'm thinking we missed a big step in setup.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
so.... between you comment and the image in previous post.... I am thinking I have missed a major step in setting up 'Android Auto'.

Is this an app I pre-load on my Phone in addition to FordPass?
and THEN configure in the MME?

There was no documented 'quick-start' guide followed at Delivery, I just did what the Salesperson said, and I'm thinking we missed a big step in setup.
Android Auto is a separate app, but I don't think is required for Phone as a Key. AA lets you use your phone's nav and audio apps with control from and display to the vehicle touchscreen.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
Had dealer FCTP for 24 hour test drive with key fob only. Everything worked; door locks, walk away lock, puddle lights on approach, start, seat memory,...

Too much stress related to PAAK, so I will just wait until bugs are worked out. Compromises for early adopters!

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

Good Luck!

I still can't get the FordPass app on phone to let me set up PAAK, I get a 'not supported on this phone'

Screenshot_20210227-FordPass PAAS not supported.jpg

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I still can't get the FordPass app on phone to let me set up PAAK, I get a 'not supported on this phone'

Ford Mustang Mach-E phone as Key NOT working ?! Screenshot_20210227-FordPass PAAS not supported
I tried again today and was still not able to get the PAAK working....Fordpass says it's working but the car won't unlock or let me start the car.

In better news now that Android Auto has updated it finally works wirelessly and was excellent. I can live without the PAAK but I'm glad to see the phone works with everything else in the vehicle.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
so.... I took delivery today... phone paired fine, pulled all my contacts in, I set up 'phone as key'.... I thought.

It does NOT work. I put the Fob inside, went back out to garage w phone... MME does not recognize phone as Key. I could get in using door numbers, but could not start. MME would not recognize phone as key despite seeing it for phone functions. I have android, samsung j7-v, which is not that old...

anybody else?
solutions?
I am using Galaxy S7.
I took delivery on Wednesday. Could not get FordPass to connect to the car. Phone paired to make calls but FordPass would not work. Over the next few days the functionality improved on it's own. I started getting the routine messages saying the vehicle was charging or was charged and other normal stuff. By this morning I felt that FordPass was ready for the next step so I attempted to set up PaaK which was successful. I did have a problem when my phone screen went to sleep the PaaK set up failed. So, I started over and kept the phone awake and it worked. It then gave me the opportunity to set up the start code for when the fob or PaaK isn't available.

I then locked the car and left the area and returned with just my phone. The car didn't unlock. So, I unlocked my phone and opened the FordPass app where it said "Bluetooth Disconnected". Then after a few seconds it said "Bluetooth Connected" so I tried the door and it opened. I then tried starting the car and it started.

I then got out, walked away and the car self locked. I later returned with both the fob and my phone and the door didn't unlock right away but it did unlock about a second later (after trying the first time). It seemed like the fob and the PaaK confused the car a little bit. The SYNC even took a while to recognize my phone.

Then I got brave and decided to take my daughter to lunch and I left the fob at home and just used the PaaK. However, I did test the keypad code and confirmed I could successfully start the car just in case my phone didn't work. At any rate, I walked up to the car with the phone and it unlocked right away. As if I had the fob in my pocket. I didn't have to unlock my phone or wait for anything. After lunch the same thing...vehicle unlocked and started fine, just like using the fob.

So, maybe the car just needs to get used to identifying the phone and fob? Not sure....I will have to test it a bit more. Maybe I just got lucky but on my first trip away from the house while leaving the fob at home worked out fine. I will see how it works over the next few days. I am a heavy user, meaning I make lots of trips each day so I should be able to find the quirks fairly quick. :)

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I am using Galaxy S7.
I took delivery on Wednesday. Could not get FordPass to connect to the car. Phone paired to make calls but FordPass would not work. Over the next few days the functionality improved on it's own. I started getting the routine messages saying the vehicle was charging or was charged and other normal stuff. By this morning I felt that FordPass was ready for the next step so I attempted to set up PaaK which was successful. I did have a problem when my phone screen went to sleep the PaaK set up failed. So, I started over and kept the phone awake and it worked. It then gave me the opportunity to set up the start code for when the fob or PaaK isn't available.

I then locked the car and left the area and returned with just my phone. The car didn't unlock. So, I unlocked my phone and opened the FordPass app where it said "Bluetooth Disconnected". Then after a few seconds it said "Bluetooth Connected" so I tried the door and it opened. I then tried starting the car and it started.

I then got out, walked away and the car self locked. I later returned with both the fob and my phone and the door didn't unlock right away but it did unlock about a second later (after trying the first time). It seemed like the fob and the PaaK confused the car a little bit. The SYNC even took a while to recognize my phone.

Then I got brave and decided to take my daughter to lunch and I left the fob at home and just used the PaaK. However, I did test the keypad code and confirmed I could successfully start the car just in case my phone didn't work. At any rate, I walked up to the car with the phone and it unlocked right away. As if I had the fob in my pocket. I didn't have to unlock my phone or wait for anything. After lunch the same thing...vehicle unlocked and started fine, just like using the fob.

So, maybe the car just needs to get used to identifying the phone and fob? Not sure....I will have to test it a bit more. Maybe I just got lucky but on my first trip away from the house while leaving the fob at home worked out fine. I will see how it works over the next few days. I am a heavy user, meaning I make lots of trips each day so I should be able to find the quirks fairly quick. :)
I got an error right at the beginning of setting up PAAK.... says it doesn't like my phone:

20210227-FordPass PAAS not supported.jpg

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I am using Galaxy S7.

I am having similar inconsistencies but hopefully they will all resolve

CarboFE

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE Carbonized Grey
Country flag
Took delivery 3 weeks ago. PAAK with iPhone 12 worked reliably to start with. However, it is getting worse with each passing week. I can be standing right next to the car and the Bluetooth won't connect, even when I manually try to do so. Yes, I have the FordPass app open on the phone. I have had to use the door pillar and the extra code to get in and start my car a few times now.

Basic message is that reliability is getting worse over time, not better.
Sponsored