First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER 2022
Country flag
Hi,
Lot of the phone mounts I see mentioned here are for iPhone (magsafe, etc), but I'm looking for one for Android.

Best option I see is: proclips base mount + one of their phone mounts (either magnetic ones or not) - I assume Qi/wireless ones aren't that great since they need 12v port and 1) cable will go through the center console box since the 12v plug is inside it 2) charging rate may be pretty low ?
This is an expensive option - $70-$100

Are there any other options that are nice ?
Sponsored

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Proclip is great, you could also get a peak design magsafe case and then a magsafe mount / wireless charger

cryptk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE, Blazer EV RS (reserved)
Country flag
This may or may not be a good solution for you depending on what other vehicles/hobbies you have, but I ride motorcycles as well. I put one of the magsafe cases from QuadLock on my Pixel 7 Pro. I can now use magsafe phone mounts/stands AND I can attach my phone to my QuadLock on my motorcycle.

I don't have my MME yet (it's shipping now), but I do have a Qi charging stand for it, and the MAG case works fine with it. The older non-MAG cases are a decent bit thicker, and I did have some issues with that one and Qi charging on my last phone.

If you ride motorcycles/bicycles/etc, this may be a good option for you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
wavyphotons

wavyphotons

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER 2022
Country flag
I have not been happy proclips phone holder :(
It only supports the phone from sides and there is nothing at the bottom to hold the phone, So the the two small screws are doing the job of keeping it the perfect width to let the phone slide in and to keep it secure... Regularly they loosen up and the phone falls. I'm quite surprised they did not add some bottom support for such an expensive phone mount...
For now, holding it in landscape mode works okay as a work around :/
I might try to do a DIY bottom support, although it'll be tricky to make sure it can support the weight of the phone a little bit. I also lean the phone back to help (but then it gets too much sun).
Sponsored

Last edited: