Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD EX; Rapid Red
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Just sharing for anyone still looking for solutions to mount their Galaxy Fold phone, or small tablet. Here is what worked for me.

I needed something to clamp and hold the phone vertically so that I can unfold when needed. Normal phone clamps won't fit, so essentially, a mini tablet mount is needed.

Magnet mounts didn't work for me because the pen/phone case I have doesn't work well with a metal plate in between for wireless charging.

So in my old vehicle, I used this Tablet Holder with the adhesive suction cup mount.

Dashboard Tablet Holder for Car
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B099J494Q7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Transitioning to the MachE, this didn't fit very well and got in the way of a good chunk of the dash components. Trying to stick the adhesive suction cup behind the screen didn't hold up.

Fast forward to reviewing various mounting solutions mentioned on this forum, I ended up combining a Tesla mount with the clamp from my old mount.

So using this:

MINDSKY Magnetic Phone Mount for Tesla
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09CCY186B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I took the clamp and ball screw from my old mount and it fit fine with this new one.

Overall, much cleaner setup, and doesn't get in the way of the dash. Obviously it will obstruct the windshield to a certain degree, but it serves my purposes for when I need it. The angle to mount is up to you.

When not needed, slides in and folds up nicely.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Phone mounting solution for Galaxy Fold and mini Tablets 20220104_125330
Ford Mustang Mach-E Phone mounting solution for Galaxy Fold and mini Tablets 2
Ford Mustang Mach-E Phone mounting solution for Galaxy Fold and mini Tablets 1
Ford Mustang Mach-E Phone mounting solution for Galaxy Fold and mini Tablets 20220104_125352

So to confirm, this is a combination of both products. Was unable to find an all-in-one solution in my Amazon searches. Been using this for a couple weeks, and it's been holding up. Adhesive feels incredibly strong. I can't speak for how well this will hold up in the CA Heat during summer, so only time will tell. But for now, works well.