Physical Manual?

jwhamlin244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium
Country flag
Hey all,
did anyone receive a physical user manual with their car? I just got a getting started guide and a tire warranty guide.

I found this pdf online:
Untitled (fordservicecontent.com) ,
but i hate staring at a screen for hours and definitely don't want to sit in my car and read through a manual.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
There is no paper manual with the car. Manufacturers are moving away from them as they're expensive to create and can't be updated when needed. The PDF and HTML versions are available online and there is the one on the Sync4a screen too.

Or you could send the PDF to OfficeMax (etc) and get a hard copy made.

OP
OP

jwhamlin244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium
Country flag
Yeah I found a pdf which I guess gets the job done, I just hate staring at a screen for hours while reading it.
i personally find the one in the car useless. It’s fine clicking on the little i’s for specific settings, but some things I couldn’t find at all (the overhead light button with the open door), some things were flat out wrong (teaching homelink devices), and who wants to sit in their car and read a manual?

does anyone know if a physical booklet is available to purchase, Like other typical things that were omitted from this car (I’m looking at you, second fob)?

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

hughstev

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GT-PE Grabber Blue
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Ford site lists pdf manuals for Mach E's built up to 6/6/2021. Is there a later version?

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I got a chuckle out of the description for the hard copy manual where it says the contents include: "Provides recommended oil type, gas tank capacity, clock and radio setting, as well as information about vital fluids, tires, routine maintenance and specific vehicle options."

That said, I think I'm going to order one. I myself don't care for using the digital version, although I do suppose it doesn't become obsolete.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
If one printed the PDF version, it would be much less than $35.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
This isn't a Mach-E thing. No manuals with any 2021+ Ford vehicles to my understanding.

I put the PDFs on every device I have. Much quicker to find something.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Because this car can receive OTA updates the problem with a paper manual is that it doesn't get the updates.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yeah I found a pdf which I guess gets the job done, I just hate staring at a screen for hours while reading it.
i personally find the one in the car useless. It’s fine clicking on the little i’s for specific settings, but some things I couldn’t find at all (the overhead light button with the open door), some things were flat out wrong (teaching homelink devices), and who wants to sit in their car and read a manual?

does anyone know if a physical booklet is available to purchase, Like other typical things that were omitted from this car (I’m looking at you, second fob)?
I've found the one in the car to be quite helpful. Especially using the search feature for specific things.

OP
OP

jwhamlin244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium
Country flag
This isn't a Mach-E thing. No manuals with any 2021+ Ford vehicles to my understanding.

I put the PDFs on every device I have. Much quicker to find something.
My bronco sport came with one. Not sure about other models.

OP
OP

jwhamlin244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium
Country flag
I've found the one in the car to be quite helpful. Especially using the search feature for specific things.
In the overhead light buttons, there is one that has a picture of a door ajar with lights. Couldn’t find that button in the in-car manual using search function. That section of the car isn’t part of the visual search either. I found the other three lights in that area but not the one with the car image.

Now yes yes I assume that it just prevents the car from turning on the lights when you open a door. But usually in a manual there is a lot of extra information, like what each state of the button does specifically, is it the just the front or all of the lights, does it affect the exterior lights, so they turn on when you lock and unlock the car still, is the setting overridden by other settings like the courtesy lock, etc.
the pdf will have to do for now.
Sponsored