Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Very nice! I was curious about this in general, and was waiting for more on here to get their deliveries. Although for now, I only need to worry about 1 seat in the back.

At 3 i may finally give in to the minivan and trade our Santa Fe. This raises the next question, who will make a BEV minivan for us!? I'd take a Toyota Sienna Prime if they did with the power like the Rav4 prime! But now I'm off topic... ;)

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
I'm more interested to know if a third person would actually fit in that middle seat with two car seats in place. That has always been my issue. And if you'd like to see how dirty a backseat can and will get, I'll be sure to post pics a week after delivery!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I'm more interested to know if a third person would actually fit in that middle seat with two car seats in place. That has always been my issue. And if you'd like to see how dirty a backseat can and will get, I'll be sure to post pics a week after delivery!
Depends on the person, I guess.

Here's a view with one full seat and one booster.

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
The Pacifica PHEV is the closest thing at the moment.
Yes indeed! I test drove this and was pretty impressed with it. FCA did a good job with it. Looking forward to see more details on this Kia Carnival coming to the US, looks good, but I hope it will have a different name.

Also tempted to just keep it in the family and consider the PHEV Ford Explorer. That power with the ST trim though! :cool:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
The Pacifica PHEV is the closest thing at the moment.
My daughter has had one for almost two years. They really like it. Only issue is that the local dealer is not qualified to service it. Have to go 100 miles to a qualified dealer.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My daughter has had one for almost two years. They really like it. Only issue is that the local dealer is not qualified to service it. Have to go 100 miles to a qualified dealer.
That‘s too bad. Another issue is that there’s no way to force it into EV mode, even with a full battery. FCA assumed that most buyers wouldn’t want to think about different modes, so the car decides when the engine will run and when it won’t. That’s a big problem if your goal is to run full electric as much as possible.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
That‘s too bad. Another issue is that there’s no way to force it into EV mode, even with a full battery. FCA assumed that most buyers wouldn’t want to think about different modes, so the car decides when the engine will run and when it won’t. That’s a big problem if your goal is to run full electric as much as possible.
Right - and the way they normally use it, they could easily do full electric on their daily commute.

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I will never get used to my daughter sitting in the front seat. I miss the days of cleaning out Cheerios from the seat cracks of our old Outback.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I will never get used to my daughter sitting in the front seat. I miss the days of cleaning out Cheerios from the seat cracks of our old Outback.
if it helps, you could spill Cheerios all over the inside of your Mach-E. ?‍♂

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
You mean like the play pen in the back of the station wagon?
When I was a kid we had one of the big vans. Kids would be in the very back section just laying on blankets, rolling around a lot on those country roads. It led to a few little kid fights as I'm sure you can imagine. There were 11 of us so we packed that van. :):)
Sponsored