Chris
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Attach0_20211011_192613.jpg
PicsArt_10-11-07.14.08.jpg
PicsArt_10-11-06.50.57.jpg

Hope you enjoy these photos as much as I do! As of now, I don't have any future projects planned for this car. Who knows what the future holds though!

All shop prices are local to the Northern VA area:
  • 2 Front windows tinted to mach rear - $135
  • StrucknDesign Vinyl Grill Wrap - $70
    • Vinyl Grill Wrap installed by shop- $100
  • Fender flares painted by shop to match vehicle - $600
  • Mach-E door emblem debadging - FREE! (Fishing line and glue remover)
  • Red Brake Calipers w/pony logo - $62 total (*note: shops in the area wanted $300+ for this)
    • $25 DIY kit from Amazon
    • $12 can of clear coat
    • $10 paint brushes
    • $15 high temp pony vinyl decals
  • Petrol (ha!) P6A Wheels - $987 total (mounting onto stock tires + install)
    • Pony wheel cap covers - $11
  • Lamin- X Side markers and rear taillights tinted - $70 (note: overspent here, purchased the "Mustang Mach-E Side Marker Covers", "Mustang Mach-E Rear Marker Covers", and the "Mustang Mach-E Tail Light Covers". Tail light covers included the rear markers, so should have only purchased those 2 items)
Total: $2,035

UPDATE*: Edit free photos:
Advertisement

Last edited:

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE ORDERED!, 1973 Volksrod
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag

Hope you enjoy these photos as much as I do! As of now, I don't have any future projects planned for this car. Who knows what the future holds though!

• Red Brake Calipers w/pony logo - $62 total (*note: shops in the area wanted $300+ for this)
    • $12 can of clear coat
    • $10 paint brushes
  • Lamin- X Side markers and rear taillights tinted - $70 (note: overspent here, purchased the "Mustang Mach-E Side Marker Covers", "Mustang Mach-E Rear Marker Covers", and the "Mustang Mach-E Tail Light Covers". Tail light covers included the rear markers, so should have only purchased those 2 items)
Well crap. I ordered the same LaminX kit. Didn’t know I don’t need the rear sides

OP
OP
NoVAguy

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Well crap. I ordered the same LaminX kit. Didn’t know I don’t need the rear sides
Hopefully you can cancel it while it's still in transit! If not, I know their page mentions refunds. I haven't tried it yet but I intend to try to return the unused rear markers when I get some time.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Can you send a link to the Amazon DIY for the brake calipers. If you have time a quick run down on the "How to" part. Thx

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE ORDERED!, 1973 Volksrod
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Hopefully you can cancel it while it's still in transit! If not, I know their page mentions refunds. I haven't tried it yet but I intend to try to return the unused rear markers when I get some time.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I've already taken delivery of the vinyl so I'd have to figure out how to return them. I may just eat it and keep them as spares. Your car looks good, btw. I especially like the body color wheel arches and the red tails look good against the white

OP
OP
NoVAguy

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Can you send a link to the Amazon DIY for the brake calipers. If you have time a quick run down on the "How to" part. Thx
Sure thing! I used the Dupli-Color BCP400 Red Single Brake Caliper Kit and followed the YouTube video tutorial posted by EV and Chill. Pretty much followed their tutorial step by step, except I did not use the foam brush to finish.. I didn't like the look it was getting from that so just used a normal brush throughout. I'm very happy with the outcome for a DIY project.

PicsArt_10-12-10.21.18.jpg
IMG_20211011_181433~2.jpg

Mhood

First Name
Myia
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Implementation Project Manger
Country flag

• $12 can of clear coat
    • $10 paint brushes
Looks amazing!!!! I plan to get tints, black rims and red break calipers too. I want the Lamin side/rear markers now seeing yours! Is the color gunsmoke or black? Do you mind sharing another photo of the covers without the filter?

OP
OP
NoVAguy

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Looks amazing!!!! I plan to get tints, black rims and red break calipers too. I want the Lamin side/rear markers now seeing yours! Is the color gunsmoke or black? Do you mind sharing another photo of the covers without the filter?
Correct on the gunsmoke! Here's the no filter photo:
PicsArt_10-12-11.02.13.jpg

And here's what it looks like when the car is off:

PicsArt_10-12-11.05.46.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Nav

Nav

Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Yoooo, great color theme! Love the black, white, red combo - looks "athletic" - looks great. I was debating doing those same center caps on my black wheels but with red pony.
The Laminx gunsmoke came out really well. Nicely planned out project.

You're my zip code neighbor (Ffx station) - will have to keep an eye out for ya around town. Finally starting to see more and more MME in our area.

Reactions: ARK

ARK

Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
This looks fantastic! Ford should pay you to design their color packages. Personally, I like this a lot more than the new Ice White package. Space White remains my favorite white for the Mach-E.

OP
OP
NoVAguy

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Yoooo, great color theme! Love the black, white, red combo - looks "athletic" - looks great. I was debating doing those same center caps on my black wheels but with red pony.
The Laminx gunsmoke came out really well. Nicely planned out project.

You're my zip code neighbor (Ffx station) - will have to keep an eye out for ya around town. Finally starting to see more and more MME in our area.
Hello fellow Virginian!! Thanks for the compliment. I think the center cap covers that I purchased are fine and do complete the look, but also feel like it can be better. It's just a cover on the petrol wheels caps, it was a quick & easy solution that gets the job done. But I do think eventually I want to find some actual pony wheel center caps that fit into this wheel to give it a more OEM authentic look. I'm in no rush though!

Reactions: Nav

LS61303

First Name
LeeSonn
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E 4EXT Premium, Yamaha FZ07
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag

• $12 can of clear coat
    • $10 paint brushes

This is an amazing build so far! I have a Star White Metallic Premium that I haven't done much to quite yet, so this is some great inspiration. Love the wheels, I am getting a some new shoes come next spring. Also going to do the fender trim in body color. All in all, looks really good!

OP
OP
NoVAguy

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
This is an amazing build so far! I have a Star White Metallic Premium that I haven't done much to quite yet, so this is some great inspiration. Love the wheels, I am getting a some new shoes come next spring. Also going to do the fender trim in body color. All in all, looks really good!
1000% recommend the fender trim painted to match the body! It looks SOO much better and honestly don't know why Ford didn't have all models come this way, or at least offer it as an option when building the car.

Mgayle83

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
IT
Country flag

• $12 can of clear coat
    • $10 paint brushes
Wow, that looks amazing!!!!

Advertisement

Advertisement