NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Looks great. Do you have the link to the Pony wheel caps? Also, where did you get the tint done, brand, and percentage?
Here ya go for the Wheel Caps: https://www.ebay.com/itm/193851411325
To be honest though, not sure I'd fully recommend them. They work fine and look good, but I feel like there might be better options out there that might give it an even better OEM look than these can offer.

As for the tint, got it done at L.A. Tint in Manassas VA, they used the Llumar Pinnacle Series film. Not entirely sure of the percentage, but I know they matched the back tint which I believe is somewhere in the ballpark of 25%?

Hope this helps!
Sponsored

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Here ya go for the Wheel Caps: https://www.ebay.com/itm/193851411325
To be honest though, not sure I'd fully recommend them. They work fine and look good, but I feel like there might be better options out there that might give it an even better OEM look than these can offer.

As for the tint, got it done at L.A. Tint in Manassas VA, they used the Llumar Pinnacle Series film. Not entirely sure of the percentage, but I know they matched the back tint which I believe is somewhere in the ballpark of 25%?

Hope this helps!
Most helpful! Thanks!

Tarynem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium (pending)
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I got a number of quotes and ended up going with Capital Auto Shop in Fairfax. The shop owner Krum was extremely knowledgeable and that shop provided the best customer service hands down. You can say Chris recommended his shop for Mach-E fender flare painting. Total cost was actual $660, but he gave me a 10% discount because he was actually excited to work on the Mach-E. He may or may not extend that discount to you if you drop my recommendation, worth a shot!

If you're just looking for the lowest price, I got that from Northern Virginia Auto Body Work Shop Inc. They quoted me somewhere around $525-550 (can't remember exact figure), but told me they were backed up and wouldn't be able to see me for some time. Didn't get the same customer service feeling from them as I got from capital auto shop though. They just seemed like any other body shop.
That was my same question. Thank you for sharing. I'm in MD, but will definitely travel to Fairfax for good work. Would also give me a reason to hit all of the great foodie spots out that way!

OP
OP
NoVAguy

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
That was my same question. Thank you for sharing. I'm in MD, but will definitely travel to Fairfax for good work. Would also give me a reason to hit all of the great foodie spots out that way!
Let me know of your experience if you do stop by the shop!

EVFUTURE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium SR RWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I got a number of quotes and ended up going with Capital Auto Shop in Fairfax. The shop owner Krum was extremely knowledgeable and that shop provided the best customer service hands down. You can say Chris recommended his shop for Mach-E fender flare painting. Total cost was actual $660, but he gave me a 10% discount because he was actually excited to work on the Mach-E. He may or may not extend that discount to you if you drop my recommendation, worth a shot!

If you're just looking for the lowest price, I got that from Northern Virginia Auto Body Work Shop Inc. They quoted me somewhere around $525-550 (can't remember exact figure), but told me they were backed up and wouldn't be able to see me for some time. Didn't get the same customer service feeling from them as I got from capital auto shop though. They just seemed like any other body shop.
Was the Vinyl Grill Wrap also installed by Capital Auto Shop?

OP
OP
NoVAguy

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Was the Vinyl Grill Wrap also installed by Capital Auto Shop?
Negative. Tint Plus in Woodbridge installed the vinyl wrap. They offered the best price at $100 even for the install, and they knocked it out of the park! The wrap looks perfect, especially around the pony.

EVFUTURE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium SR RWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Negative. Tint Plus in Woodbridge installed the vinyl wrap. They offered the best price at $100 even for the install, and they knocked it out of the park! The wrap looks perfect, especially around the pony.
Saw your close-up pics of it and it looks great. I'll check them out if we decide to do it, thanks!
Sponsored