Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Filmmaker, Video Freelancer
Country flag
I hope they give the dealers some prototypes so they can be test driven before they finalize the orders.
Ford is sending mixed signals right now, but the right things seem to be quietly happening. Checked in with the dealership that I reserved with. They don’t seem to know anything, and said they won’t “until September”! That made me go check out the dealership that the Ford reservation site suggested...

Got a significantly better response. Salesman said he didn’t know much just yet, but confirmed they would first contact reservation holders just after the New Year and sent me home with brochure in hand. They are excited, as their parts department is slated to have two Mach-Es ready for test drives.

Called the Ford national number that same night. Operator said, “A brochure isn’t available yet.”

What I take from all this: I’m switching dealerships at order time! Ford national seems to be overwhelmed with the response and just underplaying it all, for now.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I stopped by a dealer to ask for a brochure. I was told, "Ford's gone fully digital." He wasn't being specific to this vehicle. The dealers handing out brochures are printing (and maybe typesetting) them on their own.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Last edited:

RobB

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Filmmaker, Video Freelancer
Country flag
I stopped by a dealer to ask for a brochure. I was told, "Ford's gone fully digital." He wasn't being specific to this vehicle. The dealers handing out brochures are printing (and maybe typesetting) them on their own.
Seriously doubt local printing.

This has zero local flavor.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Pictures of Mach E Prototype - Trev9667 on Youtube 5D6FF136-280C-49E2-B32E-2A6C3ACB48F7

Ford Mustang Mach-E Pictures of Mach E Prototype - Trev9667 on Youtube A5A0BD42-EC46-46D2-8D27-63C990382FEC

Last edited:

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Seriously doubt local printing.

This has zero local flavor.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Pictures of Mach E Prototype - Trev9667 on Youtube A5A0BD42-EC46-46D2-8D27-63C990382FEC
Yea - I got the same brochure from my local dealer. They're definitely from Ford directly.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
BTW, that PDF is slightly updated from the version posted as photos over here. It's hard to read the photos, but all I noticed was some footnote numbers were different, Built Ford Proud logo is blue instead of white, color samples have easier to read names. The PDF reveals that it was last modified 1/3/2020 by Latcha + Associates, a marketing agency that Ford uses.

Tkeep

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford C-Max Energi
Occupation
Sales Manager
Country flag
Tow bar! I have been asking about this to Ford directly in Twitter but no reply. It has to have light duty tow hitch or its off to the Tesla store.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Tow bar! I have been asking about this to Ford directly in Twitter but no reply. It has to have light duty tow hitch or its off to the Tesla store.
Before you get too excited, keep in mind this appears to be a Euro spec vehicle, where Ford has said it will offer a tow bar.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Stopped by my local dealer--one that I've purchased my last dozen+ Ford's from. Other than a short meeting with them after the reveal that have had no communications with Ford about the Mach-E and, thus, I knew more about it than they did (no brochure either).

I would imagine that since I'm not in a "high" EV area (the Detroit area is not your bastion of EV adoption LOL) Ford will get to these dealers after they are done with all the brouhaha on each coast.

They did mention that they have a couple of dozen reservations tied to their dealership.
Sponsored