Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
I went through the reservation process and discovered that my dealer is adding a mark up to the car.
My Mach-e was delivered to the dealership and I presented the X-plan. I went through financing, was about to sign, and then they tell me that I can’t have the car. Why? I was dishonest in never telling them that I had the option to use x-plan pricing. In fact, I had told anyone that I dealt with at the dealership that I was going to use this plan. They want $2k over the Msrp. And are claiming that they will be in the hole If they fulfill my order. This is a dealership that had ZERO contact with me during the ENTIRE process. They simply confirmed the order that I had already placed with Ford. Had anyone had similar experiences?

UPDATE: A salesperson called today and informed my husband that they would complete the sale using the X-plan. No reason given, just do we want the car or not. (He wisely chose to call my husband and not me).

Hindsight is 20/20 and there is a lot that I could have done different. But, I think there is a big learning curve on how Ford is selling the MME. In placing the reservation, I chose the dealership closest to me and where I had bought cars before. I don’t buy many cars and this experience has really opened my eyes. I have learned a lot and thanks to those who pointed out what could have been done differently. I hope others learn from reading

Thank you everyone for great advice. Forums like this are making the car buying process transparent and are making consumers more aware of what they are paying.
Sponsored

Last edited:

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
I went through the reservation process and discovered that my dealer is adding a mark up to the car.
My Mach-e was delivered to the dealership and I presented the X-plan. I went through financing, was about to sign, and then they tell me that I can’t have the car. Why? I was dishonest in never telling them that I had the option to use x-plan pricing. In fact, I had told anyone that I dealt with at the dealership that I was going to use this plan. They want $2k over the Msrp. And are claiming that they will be in the hole If they fulfill my order. This is a dealership that had ZERO contact with me during the ENTIRE process. They simply confirmed the order that I had already placed with Ford. Had anyone had similar experiences?
?

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
They are lying.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
What the... which dealership is this!? That is outrageous! Don't buy it. At this point, you can find the car from another dealership already in stock. Some will even ship to you. Forget them.
You should call Ford and complain too. Though I don't think they can do anything about it.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Do you have any email of any conversation regarding the X-plan with anyone from the dealership? But even if you do, not sure if I would want to deal with a slime ball of a dealership. If you do, contact the GM and any higher ups and see what they say.

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Sounds like a tough situation and like they are really screwing you over! Do you have any email communications showing they'd accept the x-plan pricing?

I emailed a few around me when I ordered my Mach-E to make sure they'd honor the x-plan. Hopefully the dealership I went with sticks to their agreement!

Hope you can work something out to get your car! If not with them then at least with another dealer!

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
The bad is two things. One a dealer does not have to take the x-plan or A-plan. Two it's up to us to ask them at the start if they do or don't. If you're ordering a vehicle you kinda have to ask at the start of your just finding a car on the dealer's lot, then you can ask whenever you like.

The money they make off the mache is a set price for all. They are just getting the extra they are wanting to charge. That is why it is best to ask them all the important things upfront.
Is my deposit refundable if I don't take the mache? Do you accept a or x plan. Are you selling for MSRP.

https://www.axz.ford.com/axzweb/pdf/sample_a_z_plan_invoice.pdf
Ford Mustang Mach-E Pines Ford refusing to honor X-plan numbers

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
That sucks, sorry to hear it. Not sure what the situation is there in Florida, but it may be possible for you to get one from another dealership that was declined by another customer.

Sadly there is little Ford can do with the dealer, but you should definitely call around and see what others have/expect.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
also, give me the dealer's name and number and who you spoke to.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
If they accept Xplan for other cars then they are required to accept it on all eligible cars which include the mach-e. Dealers are not, however, required to accept x-plan. What did your order say on price and ADM? That's your contracted price with the dealer.

The reality is likely that they don't want to sell you the car and want you to walk away just so they can sell it for more than they agreed to sell it to you for. MSRP + ADM is the norm for the Mach-e's that have been declined by the people who ordered them. They're counting on you to walk away.

OP
OP

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
@Lizzyfitz I see that you were getting signals like this from your dealer back in the summer, too --
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/pines-lincoln-ford-dealer.1288/
Probably should have switched at that point. I'd definitely run away and never deal with them again. Buy an in-stock car from one of the many hundreds of dealers in the country who now have one in stock.
Thanks. You are right. I tried to switch but was told that I would lose my reservation for the first edition in grabber blue. This process has not been easy or clear. I also had a salesperson that would not respond to any communication. And now she is out with Covid. They are even questioning whether I made the $1,000 down payment.

‘64 GTO

First Name
Joan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘64GTO, ‘73 280Z,’ 92 Miata, 2004 PT Cruiser
Occupation
Ret. Financial Advisor
Country flag
This is One of the reasons why I am going to make an appointment with my dealer and have my list of all of the benefits that I am entitled to, to discuss prior to delivery of the car which will probably be in the summer.

My neighbor who is a retired SVP of Ford offered me X plan pricing. He put my name into the Xplan pricing computer which I presented to my dealer. As a stockholder in Ford you are also entitled to XPlan pricing. I bought shares in Ford before I placed my order. Also many employees and retirees of many major companies are entitled to the Xplan price.

I think that all forum members should stick together because some of these dealerships Will definitely try to take advantage of us. I appreciate all of the information that I have been accumulating from the forum members.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is One of the reasons why I am going to make an appointment with my dealer and have my list of all of the benefits that I am entitled to, to discuss prior to delivery of the car which will probably be in the summer.

My neighbor who is a retired SVP of Ford offered me X plan pricing. He put my name into the Xplan pricing computer which I presented to my dealer. As a stockholder in Ford you are also entitled to XPlan pricing. I bought shares in Ford before I placed my order. Also many employees and retirees of many major companies are entitled to the Xplan price.

I think that all forum members should stick together because some of these dealerships Will definitely try to take advantage of us. I appreciate all of the information that I have been accumulating from the forum members.
And a membership in The Mustang Club of America for 60 days gets you X Plan as well.
Sponsored