Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
I called the provided number for Ford customer relations. The customer service rep told me that, because the reservation has been placed, I cannot switch dealerships. This really feels like a bait and switch. At the time of ordering, when I chose the closest dealership, I had no idea that the dealership could charge this extra fee. It’s like a real estate agent expecting a commission when they never even listed the house for sale.
Sponsored

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
I called the provided number for Ford customer relations. The customer service rep told me that, because the reservation has been placed, I cannot switch dealerships. This really feels like a bait and switch. At the time of ordering, when I chose the closest dealership, I had no idea that the dealership could charge this extra fee. It’s like a real estate agent expecting a commission when they never even listed the house for sale.
Find out if they will accept X plan and if they do, get yourself a MCoA membership and an X Plan PIN to eliminate ADM and other fees.

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Do they have a deposit from you? If not, I would wait until delivery day and say you're walking away if they try that crap - and do it. I think you should also talk to Ford again and explain your position, as well as the fact that you'll go buy something else if Ford won't let you switch your order.

Dirtbags like them need to go out of business.

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
Do they have a deposit from you? If not, I would wait until delivery day and say you're walking away if they try that crap - and do it. I think you should also talk to Ford again and explain your position, as well as the fact that you'll go buy something else if Ford won't let you switch your order.

Dirtbags like them need to go out of business.
They do have a deposit! But I made it clear to the customer service rep that I was looking at a quote from Tesla for the Y. I let her know that they weren’t charging any of these fees and I’d be saving money even if I lost my deposit. She finally put in a request for a supervisor call me back and a complaint about the dealership.

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
Find out if they will accept X plan and if they do, get yourself a MCoA membership and an X Plan PIN to eliminate ADM and other fees.
I did this. Just had delivery of the car and they are refusing to honor the x-plan

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I did this. Just had delivery of the car and they are refusing to honor the x-plan
Do they accept xplan on other cars? If not, then they’re not required to accept it on the Mach-e.

look at what your price was when you ordered. If there was ADM on it then, your time to bail would have been then while you could get in line with a decent dealer. At this point if you have ADM in your order last year, your options are a bit limited. You can threaten to walk away and see if they budge. If they don’t, go elsewhere.

If they genuinely added adm in at the last minute, Ford would like to know.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
They're refusing x-plan because they're not allowed to up charge sales fees when accepting x-plan.

Now that I've re-read page one of this discussion, I'm reminded that you were fully aware of the $2k upcharge over MSRP at the time you placed the order, but you chose to place it anyway. I understand you're now upset but the dealer has done nothing wrong in this case.

They asked a certain price, you entered a deposit and commitment to buy at that price, and now you're upset about the price you agreed to.

You can either accept it as agreed upon, or walk away from that specific car and possibly the deposit.

Bari

First Name
Jabari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Freight Train Engineer
Country flag
Thank you for posting this. I placed an order at the same dealership and was floored by the additional $2k. I also spoke with Erica. She said that the dealership owner had agreed, that day, to lower the add on to mrsp from $5k to $2k and that he wouldn’t budge any further. The only reason I spoke with her was because Ford sent an email saying that I had to pay my deposit, by the next day! I called the dealership and the first couple of people didn’t even know what the Mach-e was. I’ve bought a couple of cars here, but I think no more....
Same thing happened to me. Same dealership too. I didn’t know about the extra mark up price until after I placed the order. Ford rep said I couldn’t change dealers. And that I’d have to cancel and re order and lose my spot in line. I’m just seeing this btw. I placed my reservation last year in April.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I have been going to this dealership for years I will never go back.
Be sure you review them on Yelp and whatever other social media sites the “kids” use these days. Apparently businesses live and die by their star ratings on social media.

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
Same thing happened to me. Same dealership too. I didn’t know about the extra mark up price until after I placed the order. Ford rep said I couldn’t change dealers. And that I’d have to cancel and re order and lose my spot in line. I’m just seeing this btw. I placed my reservation last year in April.
Bari- they are now accepting the x-plan. The dealership is not informed on how to process this sale. It is different than their usual way of business. Just tell Jorge that you will be using the x-plan (before the delivery of your car). They accept it on other cars, and the mme is not excluded.

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
They're refusing x-plan because they're not allowed to up charge sales fees when accepting x-plan.

Now that I've re-read page one of this discussion, I'm reminded that you were fully aware of the $2k upcharge over MSRP at the time you placed the order, but you chose to place it anyway. I understand you're now upset but the dealer has done nothing wrong in this case.

They asked a certain price, you entered a deposit and commitment to buy at that price, and now you're upset about the price you agreed to.

You can either accept it as agreed upon, or walk away from that specific car and possibly the deposit.
I see your point. But the ordering process did not allow for notification of using the x-plan. And there is language in the definition section that would allow for use of this plan. The dealership called after the weekend and advised that they would honor the x-plan pricing.

Last edited:

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
I see your point. But the ordering process did not allow for notification of using the x-plan. And there is language in the definition section that would allow for use of this plan. The dealership called after the weekend and advised that they would honor the x-plan pricing.
So, have you decide to purchase the car the car now?