Pinning down a rear cabin rattle / creaking noise

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
My car is a bit noisier than I would like. This isn't road or wind noise, but just your basic intermittent creak/rattle coming from somewhere in the rear. The issue is obviously more pronounced when the car bounces on uneven roads or shifts weight on turns. I think it might be coming from the rather flimsy height-adjustable floor in the rear? I'm going to try removing that just to try to isolate the problem, even though I know that could also introduce more road noise. Anybody else have luck isolating cabin rattles/creaks?
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I've got a creaky rattle that sounds like it's coming from the back seat on the driver's side. It's very clearly audible while driving, but when I go back there and try to wiggle stuff around, I can't reproduce it. I have an appointment at the dealer right after Christmas for the glass recalls so I'll give them a chance to figure it out while it's there.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I've got a creaky rattle that sounds like it's coming from the back seat on the driver's side. It's very clearly audible while driving, but when I go back there and try to wiggle stuff around, I can't reproduce it. I have an appointment at the dealer right after Christmas for the glass recalls so I'll give them a chance to figure it out while it's there.
Yeah.... I just can think of few trips to the service center less encouraging than trying to pin down a cabin noise. I'm going to put that off if I can.

camdenlake

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 f350 CCD 7.3, GT500, Gen1 Raptor, 2021 MME R1
Country flag
I wonder if its the same noise I am hearing from time to time. When hitting bumps and changes by harshness of bump. It sounds like something "swinging". Plastic type noise. Noises are hard to track down. But it sounds like its behind me when driving. Temperature seems to effect it. Cold days and short drives it barley happens.

Bullitt_&_MME

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Bullitt; 2018 Expedition Max Limited
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
Did anyone ever pin this down? I am experiencing it every day and it's driving me nuts.

I thought it was the stud on the D pillar that holds the cargo cover, as I could wiggle it around a little - so I packed the pressure pin with some black felt. Nothing!

I need to isolate this high pitch plastic tapping/rattle sound before I go nuts.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Did anyone ever pin this down? I am experiencing it every day and it's driving me nuts.

I thought it was the stud on the D pillar that holds the cargo cover, as I could wiggle it around a little - so I packed the pressure pin with some black felt. Nothing!

I need to isolate this high pitch plastic tapping/rattle sound before I go nuts.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? Iā€™d like to look into this concern on my end.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

I was hearing this too whenever I drove the front tires onto an incline, but now itā€™s gone, maybe itā€™s cause it got hotter or something settled, but all gone now.

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
Did you ever find the cause of this noise?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you ever find the cause of this noise?
The dealer said they couldnā€™t reproduce it, but the noise was completely gone after they did the glass recalls, so it must have been some part of the interior trim that was removed and reinstalled in that process. Now I just have to figure out how to get the rattle from the sunglass area to stop.

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The dealer said they couldnā€™t reproduce it, but the noise was completely gone after they did the glass recalls, so it must have been some part of the interior trim that was removed and reinstalled in that process. Now I just have to figure out how to get the rattle from the sunglass area to stop.
That noise I think will forever be there, ours is at 46k miles and still there, very light but it is there, pushing on it makes it go away temporarily. (this is with glasses in there) when nothing is in there its fine.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That noise I think will forever be there, ours is at 46k miles and still there, very light but it is there, pushing on it makes it go away temporarily. (this is with glasses in there) when nothing is in there its fine.
I get the buzz even when no glasses are in there. Pushing on it does make it go away, but it comes right back when the pushing stops.

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I get the buzz even when no glasses are in there. Pushing on it does make it go away, but it comes right back when the pushing stops.
We have a small microfiber rag that we use to wipe the screen down with and clean our glasses, I wonder if putting that in there and filling up the space (maybe even stuffing it in there) would make it go away?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We have a small microfiber rag that we use to wipe the screen down with and clean our glasses, I wonder if putting that in there and filling up the space (maybe even stuffing it in there) would make it go away?
Iā€™ll give it a try. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s coming from the glasses compartment itself or the trim around it thatā€˜s clipped to the headliner.

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Did your noise ever get solved or go away? I forgot to mention this was after the second HVJB replacement so battery and undercarriage was touched.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Did your noise ever get solved or go away? I forgot to mention this was after the second HVJB replacement so battery and undercarriage was touched.
I just had my HVBJB replaced in July and am now getting a creaking, really noticeable when going slow over speed bumps and slow turns. I've made sure all seats were properly locked into place and all materials aren't loose. It's driving me nuts. It's like right behind the passenger seat or rear wheels or something.
Sponsored