SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Has anyone caught this Michael Moore Executive Produced documentary that landed yesterday, on earth day? It’s worth a watch.

My initial impression is that parts of it are pretty reckless... particularly around solar, wind and EV battery production. At the end of the day, they all use fossil fuels in production, but by the end of their lifecycle, they do result in a net reduction in carbon emissions, quite a big net reduction, which they just left out of the movie completely... this is what I mean by reckless. It could do a lot of damage to these industries as there are a lot of people out there looking for any excuse to attract these industries and this will put off anyone on the fence. In the case of wind, solar and EVs, the ends completely justify the means. But the rest of the film is pretty bang on the money in my opinion... albeit quite sobering. I’m definitely from the school of thought that we have far too many people on this planet and almost all of us have a value system disorder which we will never fix = a nasty, slow and painfully protracted end to human civilisation is not far away.

PS: It’s free to watch on YouTube.
Sponsored