dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Oh my god, YES!!! Fantastic, simple customization.
Sponsored

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
I am wondering if I should get some black lug nuts and have them replaced the next time I get the tires rotated. The guy that did the powder coating said he didn't think it looked good with them black but I like how it looks on yours.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Plasti Dipped Rims On Grabber Blue FE 152800933_10225772420003357_4663928960931162547_o

OP
OP
Sobeer

Sobeer

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FE MME
Country flag
Also, what’s phase 2 and beyond??
Phase 2 is to Ceramic Tint the Car, and apparently phase 3 is to take the car back to Ford. Because the stereo volume has stopped working or any sound has stopped. The joy of early adoption.

IMG_7778.JPG

caca_on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Phase 2 is to Ceramic Tint the Car, and apparently phase 3 is to take the car back to Ford. Because the stereo volume has stopped working or any sound has stopped. The joy of early adoption.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Plasti Dipped Rims On Grabber Blue FE IMG_7778.JPG
Do you have an idea on how much for the ceramic coating?

I got pricing to do clear bra on hood and front panel + front columns and mirror. But I guess ceramic would be more cost effective.

Btw the plasti dip looks really cool! I might do the same!
Thanks!

kikibop

First Name
kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E E4x Space White / '15 Prius
Occupation
Product Design
Country flag
get a matte black wrap, tint the windows 80% black, lower it, and put matte black 16-inch rims. Perfection.

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
That looks AMAZING! Really... very cool.
Love the look of the Plastidip-ing process, I *Plan* ('...the best laid plans of mice and men... especially with 3 kids and two pugs...) to try to plastidip the wheels on my wife's Expedition EL... 20 inchers, this summer and your pics show how nice it looks!

And with the pictures you posted where the sun just slightly casts a wheel-well shadow on the top of the tire, allowing us to notice how much the tires are to the inside of the fenders (narrow)...
I seem to remember, one of the cosmetic complaints of the earlier Mustang coupes, 94-04 (I think), and even the 2005-2014s (I have a 2012 with stock 18s but wider, aftermarket 20s for summer) was how much the look of the car improves when wider wheels are installed and come out almost flush with the fenders... and it makes me wonder, or surmise, that with our Mach-Es, the wider tires will improve it's already good looks, either with Aftermarket wheels or with the addition of the GT's wider shoes...

But again let me say, those wheels on yours and the wheels in general of the Mach-Es, look great, but that wider, more 'muscular' wheel look, could go a long way to sprucing up the look of the ME (a slight sacrifice in range). . . and a set of custom lowering springs from Steeda... a wide-wheeled, slightly lowered Premium, AWD, Extended Range, Rapid Red ME is in my future. Hubba, hubba.

Anyway, sorry for the side-track!
Great looking ME and Plastidipped wheels!!!!!!!!!!
That Grabber Blue has really grown on me over the years... it's just such a dynamic color!

OP
OP
Sobeer

Sobeer

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FE MME
Country flag
Do you have an idea on how much for the ceramic coating?

I got pricing to do clear bra on hood and front panel + front columns and mirror. But I guess ceramic would be more cost effective.

Btw the plasti dip looks really cool! I might do the same!
Thanks!
Sorry I did Ceramic Tint on my windows, not a ceramic coating.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Plasti Dipped Rims On Grabber Blue FE IMG_7778.JPG
Did you try the 3-finger salute to reset the stereo??
Ford Mustang Mach-E Plasti Dipped Rims On Grabber Blue FE 1616118801586

OP
OP
Sobeer

Sobeer

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FE MME
Country flag
I am wondering if I should get some black lug nuts and have them replaced the next time I get the tires rotated. The guy that did the powder coating said he didn't think it looked good with them black but I like how it looks on yours.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Plasti Dipped Rims On Grabber Blue FE 1616118801586
What did the powder coating cost?

caca_on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Sorry I did Ceramic Tint on my windows, not a ceramic coating.
Got it. I did ceramic tinting on mine as well.

But here in Orlando there's a lot of road construction going on. So I'm really worried about damage to the paint. Specially in the front facing of the car.

Most likely will go with the clear bra.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
Got it. I did ceramic tinting on mine as well.

But here in Orlando there's a lot of road construction going on. So I'm really worried about damage to the paint. Specially in the front facing of the car.

Most likely will go with the clear bra.
The way I figure it is stay with the factory paint for the first year. Then, when you start to see a couple rock chips on the front of your car and you are not happy to just fill them in with touch up paint, touch up, chip repair and then cover with clear vinyl wrap and the repaired chips should be invisible. Granted, I have not tested this theory, because by the time I get the first rock chip, I am also tired of the twice weekly 2 bucket hand car washes and my home siding needs attention more than the car. May be different when I get the Mustang. I bought the spare key fob ahead of time just to hold my interest through all the delays. I am always taking my Chevy to the levee and the levee seems to always be dry so it gets dusty. Maybe I will pamper the Mustang more. Did I mention that the proper way to refer to Mach E is "Mustang!" with Mach E just being supplemental information?
Sponsored