Plastic CLIP - Anyone know where it came from? (Solved, but good info for others)

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I popped my cover off yesterday, and I noticed one was missing as well. I ordered the replacement plus a few extra, but what happens to anything that accidentally drops down in that area in the Mach-E? On an ICE vehicle, the engine area is generally open to the ground below, so anything that falls down (if it isn't trapped somewhere in the engine assembly) will end up on the ground below the car.

Asking because I'm not 100% sure if the piece was lost or popped off when I removed the plastic covering. I looked all around the car for it, but I didn't see it. I also used a flashlight to look through all of the cables and hoses, but I didn't see it there, either.
Having had the frunk panels and storage bin out several times for projects and had some of my clips drop, I don't see where it would be an issue if they get lost down in-between hoses or wires. Most likely though they do fall to the bottom where they sit on top of the lower cover that is across the entire bottom of the front end.

ICE cars lately have all had these covers. My 2014 Escape, 2016 Focus RS and 2020 GT500 are all completely covered under the front end like the Mach-E is.
Sponsored

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Those white clips are a clever idea.
My problem with those HM1 clips is they slide out of their pockets so easily. I added some friction tape to the pockets and that did the trick.....so far.
What about putting a dab or two of black silicon adhesive. It should keep the clips in place, provide some flexibility and can be easily removed when it is time to replace the clip.

Twilloo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Select AWD comfort/tech pkg
Occupation
Retired LEO
Country flag
I popped my cover off yesterday, and I noticed one was missing as well. I ordered the replacement plus a few extra, but what happens to anything that accidentally drops down in that area in the Mach-E? On an ICE vehicle, the engine area is generally open to the ground below, so anything that falls down (if it isn't trapped somewhere in the engine assembly) will end up on the ground below the car.

Asking because I'm not 100% sure if the piece was lost or popped off when I removed the plastic covering. I looked all around the car for it, but I didn't see it. I also used a flashlight to look through all of the cables and hoses, but I didn't see it there, either.
Hello where did you get the clips. One post showed 4 for 2.19 but I have not been able to find any for less than 13, thanks

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
They got smart on the Lightning and have more practical attachments

Ford Mustang Mach-E Plastic CLIP - Anyone know where it came from?  (Solved, but good info for others) IMG_9585

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For those that have lost clips. Make sure to check where the clip locks into the car as I have found that some were not lost they were sitting in the hole they clip into. They just popped off the cover as it was being removed.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
For those that have lost clips. Make sure to check where the clip locks into the car as I have found that some were not lost they were sitting in the hole they clip into. They just popped off the cover as it was being removed.
Good point. We had to do a hard reset on the modules in his car to fix the issue where his driver's door wouldn't unlock unless the rear door was opened first. While in there we did the LVB access ports and installed some grommets to keep those clips from falling out of the sockets. This was the solution I came up with for that issue. Seems to work okay so far.

20220306_142208.jpg

20220306_145107.jpg

20220306_142530.jpg

20220306_142707.jpg

20220306_151640.jpg

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
This was the solution I came up with for that issue. Seems to work okay so far.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Plastic CLIP - Anyone know where it came from?  (Solved, but good info for others) 20220306_151640

Ford Mustang Mach-E Plastic CLIP - Anyone know where it came from?  (Solved, but good info for others) 20220306_151640
Gotta link to those tiny rubbers? Or a good enough description that I could find some for myself?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Gotta link to those tiny rubbers? Or a good enough description that I could find some for myself?
Do you have Harbor Freight nearby? They have some assortment kits for various things such as nuts and bolts, o rings, cotter pins, grommets etc. These came from the grommet set. 5/8 was the size I needed most but some of the pockets needed the 7/8 grommets since that was a larger space.

20220306_145954.jpg

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Do you have Harbor Freight nearby? They have some assortment kits for various things such as nuts and bolts, o rings, cotter pins, grommets etc. These came from the grommet set. 5/8 was the size I needed most but some of the pockets needed the 7/8 grommets since that was a larger space.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Plastic CLIP - Anyone know where it came from?  (Solved, but good info for others) 20220306_145954
Yes I can hit Harbor Freight. Thank You.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Found it:
W720957
Online says $14 ea but my dealer ordered them for just over $5 ea.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/SearchD...searchType=keyword&removeCatalogModalVehicle=
Quick question: was that $5/clip or per bag of 4 clips? I ordered some from my dealer and at the time of order, the parts guy said it was priced per bag. The tool that I just worked with at the dealer cut the bag open and handed me two - said you ordered two and that's what you got. The ford parts.com page is very unclear on this.

Thanks in advance.

Eric

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I was under the understanding that it was ”per clip.” However my parts guy is the best part of my dealership. IIRC He gave me two bags of 4 for $20. He told me it was at his cost since he didn’t call me right away when they came in. So I paid $2.50 each.
Sponsored