SmileyDude

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Select AWD, 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but there is a little plastic cover on the bottom left of my front grill that keeps popping off. Specifically, it only seems to pop off after going through the car wash. It has a little piece of plastic on it to keep it hanging on, so I haven't lost it yet. But it doesn't look like the most durable thing. Is anyone else having this issue? Is it worth calling up the dealer and having it replaced? Or will I just have to live with it and be careful after going through the car wash?

IMG_5106.jpeg
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but there is a little plastic cover on the bottom left of my front grill that keeps popping off. Specifically, it only seems to pop off after going through the car wash. It has a little piece of plastic on it to keep it hanging on, so I haven't lost it yet. But it doesn't look like the most durable thing. Is anyone else having this issue? Is it worth calling up the dealer and having it replaced? Or will I just have to live with it and be careful after going through the car wash?

IMG_5106.jpeg
Good evening! Will you send us a private message with your VIN? I would like to look further into your Mach-E issue.

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
Mine did this as well and I just went to a dealer and they ordered a replacement that will take a long time to arrive they said. And they have to then paint it at the dealership. Mine came off during a touchless car wash and it looked like one of the clips was bent. Probably being pushed into place too hard or the clip design is flawed.
Luckily I was able to push it back in temporarily but I still told the dealer it needs to be fixed. Didnt pay 50k+ for a car with broken clips from the factory.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Mine did this as well and I just went to a dealer and they ordered a replacement that will take a long time to arrive they said. And they have to then paint it at the dealership. Mine came off during a touchless car wash and it looked like one of the clips was bent. Probably being pushed into place too hard or the clip design is flawed.
Luckily I was able to push it back in temporarily but I still told the dealer it needs to be fixed. Didnt pay 50k+ for a car with broken clips from the factory.

a dab of clear silicone just on the little tabs might hold it until your new one comes in. The only time you'll ever need access is if your 12v battery goes completely dead....
Sponsored