First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I went to "Info" on the flash drive and that tells me MS-DOS FAT 32 but there is no choice there to format the drive to exFAT. Do you know how I would reformat the flash drive?
From a Macintosh PC, use Disk Utility:
https://support.apple.com/guide/dis...ts-available-in-disk-utility-dsku19ed921c/mac

From a Windows PC, press WIN+R, then type cmd, then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, then insert the drive, then type diskpart.exe, then LIST DISK, then SELECT DISK <num>, then CLEAN, then ... Just kidding! Seriously don't do any of that.

From Windows, open a File Explorer, navigate to Computer, right click on the thumb drive, and select Format.

But really you don't need to do any of this. You got it working. So you're fine. Enjoy your tunes and your weekend. ?

Also, the manual says there are USB ports in four places and I can find only two; inside the media bin below the instrument panel and on the rear of the center console.
It's an error in the manual. You found the two locations. Each of the two locations contains two USB ports. One is type A, the other is type C. (This is referring mostly to their shape.)

The other locations listed in the manual are for "cigarette lighter" style 12V accessories.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
What issues are you having? Mine works great. I use it every time I drive my MME.
My biggest issue is if you say browse the device to a sub folder and select a song to play you’d then expect the song selector buttons on the steering wheel to advance to the next file and/or go to a previous file. In the same order it showed them to you in. However in reality that doesn’t seem to be the case. It’s very unfriendly compared to any other cars USB/MP3 abilities I’ve used.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I Am glad it worked out. The music sounds the best from the USB drive or a direct connection with the music on the device. Keep the bit rate up to 320 To keep the quality high if downloading from iTunes or Amazon. You can shake the mirrors with the base Select-system. And with a silent car, music sounds so much better.
Sponsored