Please DM me your VIN, dealer and I’ll look at it on my end - experience with Ford Motor Company account here?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
So, by now we have seen that from Ford Motor Company on dozens of threads.

What I haven’t seen once yet is “thanks Ford you fixed my problem!”

So I’m curious for those who’ve done it. What was the outcome?

Here is the email they sent me regarding the headlight switch issue, and profile issue.

“ Thank you for reaching out to Ford regarding the issues you are having. After going through your manual, available at owner.ford.com, I was able to see the "easy exit" feature is something that can be turned off. I suggest in maybe doing so until you are able to visit a local Ford dealer. With you being able to hear the motor clicking, we would like to address that. Regarding the dinging noise, check to see if it does it when the vehicle is unplugged from the charger. Again, as soon as you are available, please visit your local Ford dealer for assistance. I will resolve this case. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach back. Have a great rest of your day.”
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
So, by now we have seen that from Ford Motor Company on dozens of threads.

What I haven’t seen once yet is “thanks Ford you fixed my problem!”

So I’m curious for those who’ve done it. What was the outcome?

Here is the email they sent me regarding the headlight switch issue, and profile issue.

“ Thank you for reaching out to Ford regarding the issues you are having. After going through your manual, available at owner.ford.com, I was able to see the "easy exit" feature is something that can be turned off. I suggest in maybe doing so until you are able to visit a local Ford dealer. With you being able to hear the motor clicking, we would like to address that. Regarding the dinging noise, check to see if it does it when the vehicle is unplugged from the charger. Again, as soon as you are available, please visit your local Ford dealer for assistance. I will resolve this case. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach back. Have a great rest of your day.”
I haven’t had much luck in my encounters, they usually just tell you go to a dealer. They don’t have any extra knowledge like we would hope, not their fault though. I’m glad Ford is actually on the forum in whatever capacity that is I guess.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
I’m glad Ford is actually on the forum in whatever capacity that is I guess.
What's the point though? What are the results?

Edit: I want to be clear, I think having them involved here is a good thing, but only if we know what the results are. Otherwise it's a false hope to a lot of people and a misrepresentation of their community involvement. Coming back to the community with updates, results on what's been achieved is a vital piece to earning trust and buy in from the community.

I've been in marketing for 14 years, and have been a brand community director for the past three.

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
What's the point though? What are the results?

Edit: I want to be clear, I think having them involved here is a good thing, but only if we know what the results are. Otherwise it's a false hope to a lot of people and a misrepresentation of their community involvement. Coming back to the community with updates, results on what's been achieved is a vital piece to earning trust and buy in from the community.

I've been in marketing for 14 years, and have been a brand community director for the past three.
For the customer: the feeling that Ford is listening and the hope that if enough people say something is important to them they will take notice and do something about it. Assuming there isn’t a safety, regulatory or technical reason it can’t be done of course. (Before all the sarcastic replies I said “hope”).

For Ford: free focus groups and QA testers. All these people giving feedback in the real world that no amount of internal testing will ever match.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I got the standard reply. I even got a phone call twice back when the wife’s car wasn’t reading speed signs. Then, before the problem was fixed, Ms. Braxton Dean @ Ford quit returning my calls. So… the end result was actually to waste my time.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For Ford: free focus groups and QA testers. All these people giving feedback in the real world that no amount of internal testing will ever match.
This would be correct if any kind of surveying or organic engagement were taking place. But it's all "DM me your VIN bad we'll look into it on our end". @AOSK has had more community engagement/feedback threads than @Ford Motor Company . That's not hyperbole, that's fact.

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So Ford Motor Company, time to come clean. What’s the deal? Who exactly are you? What are your qualifications? We want to know. NO, WE NEED TO KNOW!

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So Ford Motor Company, time to come clean. What’s the deal? Who exactly are you? What are your qualifications? We want to know. NO, WE NEED TO KNOW!
Not really. We just need to see impact instead of the same reply pasted into threads where people are genuinely needing their help or divine intervention.

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
This would be correct if any kind of surveying or organic engagement were taking place. But it's all "DM me your VIN bad we'll look into it on our end". @AOSK has had more community engagement/feedback threads than @Ford Motor Company . That's not hyperbole, that's fact.
I’m not saying they do this, but if I was them I would programmatically scrape the day from this forum, especially from the issues threads, and analyze the most commonly reported problems. They then need to combine that data with “validated” info from the dealership where they know it’s a real issue and not user error. They encourage people to go to the dealership to get this more useful “validated” data.

They tell people to DM them because if they just said “go to your dealership” in the thread people would rightly call them out on it.

I build software for a living and I can’t tell you how valuable this kind of info would be and most important, it’s NOT cheap to create. Here they essentially get it for free.

I’m not saying they do this, I have no info that they do or do not but if they don’t they are missing out on valuable data.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Not really. We just need to see impact instead of the same reply pasted into threads where people are genuinely needing their help or divine intervention.
Yeah this is not an attempt to chastise Ford, I’m just hoping to hear a success story from someone because mine was a dead end.

My hope:

Either they research on the back end and find a solution we haven’t thought of.

OR

They pass on the issues to the people at Ford actually working on software updates.

Because 90% of the problems seem to be software related.

Even a simple “we are aware of the problem and are working on a fix” would be nice for something like the headlight switch bug that’s been around a LONG time.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
The FMC account just takes your information and forwards it on to other parties like a dealership, case manager or engineer. I personally have worked with them and it's a lot of conversation that generates a ticket in their system. So, the benefit to us is that it's a ticket which adds to statistical data even if you don't get resolve.

I will say that there's a few members who are active that are Ford employees and there's other members who aren't Ford employees who work with Ford teams. In that sense a lot of what's said here is analyzed and taken into consideration.

Through my experience the threads that are highly technical and have a lot of data are some of the best because it provides evidence to the claims. The threads that just tag FMC because they are grumpy are useless and dilute the real issues.

A recent post about EVSE amperage and max charging peaks/charging curves has already made it's way to the battery controls team.

So while the FMC account just creates tickets and pushes it along, there's a lot of watching and analysis of the more technical and fact driven threads.

The reason they can't confirm problems exist is purely legal. I think everyone, even the employees, wish they could say more, but until the language is officially deemed appropriate for public consumption it's hush-hush.

My recommendation - keep talking, keep providing evidence of the claims, keep diving into the data. There's a lot of people watching. Recommendation #2 - Stop tagging FMC unless it's actually necessary to do so.

Last edited:

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I can’t say whether @Ford Motor Company has been of much help because I have no idea what they do behind the scenes. Are they contributing to a log of complaints that is being actively reviewed? Helping in other unknown ways? It would be neat if they chimed in with an explanation of what they actually do.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Please DM me your VIN, dealer and I’ll look at it on my end - experience with Ford Motor Company account here? 1644682221566

Based on my actual interactions with them, they appear to just be a frontline (lowest level) CSR. At best maybe they’ve got some sort of internal Ford MME credential. But they basically take your issue and vin details, look up whether Ford has an answer, and more often than not tell you to go to your dealership.

About six months, Ford assigned me some sort of VIP CSR (squeaky wheel benefit). She’s good. She’s gotten me on the phone with an actual engineer a couple of times for issues. Most recently trying to figure out the alarm interior motion sensor issues. I try not to bug this lady too much.

I suspect somebodies at Ford are watching this forum more than we know. But they’re being tight-lipped about it.

Months ago I participated in two interviews with higher level folks. I’m not sure if Ford is still doing that or not. They should. They should also put together some focus groups which bring together several of us to bounce around even more ideas.

We’ve also got threads like the Super Poll which I hope Ford is reviewing.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The FMC account just takes your information and forwards it on to other parties like a dealership. I personally have worked with them and it's a lot of conversation that generates a ticket in their system. So, the benefit to us is that it's a ticket which adds to statistical data.

I will say that there's a few members who are active that are Ford employees and there's other members who aren't Ford employees who work with Ford teams. In that sense a lot of what's said here is analyzed and taken into consideration.

Through my experience the threads that are highly technical and have a lot of data are some of the best because it provides evidence to the claims. The threads that just tag FMC because they are grumpy are useless and dilute the real issues.

A recent post about EVSE amperage and max charging peaks/charging curves has already made it's way to the battery controls team.

So while the FMC account just creates tickets and pushes it along, there's a lot of watching and analysis of the more technical and fact driven threads.

The reason they can't confirm problems exist is purely legal. I think everyone, even the employees, wish they could say more, but until the language is officially deemed appropriate for public consumption it's hush-hush.

My recommendation - keep talking, keep providing evidence of the claims, keep diving into the data. There's a lot of people watching. Recommendation #2 - Stop tagging FMC unless it's actually necessary to do so.
Well said, I want to add that this site didn't just get here by accident.
Sponsored